JB & Riki - Hoping all is well

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
Have been hearing of all the snow downstate and that that section of Virginia got slammed also.
Here is hoping all is well in your city and especially at you inn. Hoping the power stayed on and continues to do so.
JB - my current student said her boyfriend is from your city.

http://blog.claibornehouse.net/ thanks. Some pix here. it melting fast as it always does. Here is a "poorly" stitched photo I took from the porch at 915am while guests were munching. Just to give an idea..
Great pics. No snow here...yeah! But, I have picked several bouquets of my daffodils already. Weird winter. We are planning a spring flower show and I don't know what will be available for horticulture exhibits by then...makes planning hard.

I thought of you guys today too when watching the news... wow..
Thanks for your concern!
I'm sorry, a lousy 4-6 inches of light fluffy snow with NO WIND and we lost power with both rooms booked at 8pm. They continued to party in the dining room (they didn't want to go out for dinner so coming back on the wine tour Chris stopped so they could get pizza and munchies) by the light of our plug in flashlight/nighlights which are great - they lit everything up so it looked like bright candlelight. No need to light candles.
They all slept warm in their beds wtih down poufs.
Power can on at 8am so we were able to serve breakfast - could have done anyway with a gas stove so put on the burners to heat up the rooms.
Power came on just after Chris dragged out the generator (so we could make coffee) so we didn't have to turn in on.
Right after we all took showers at 10am the power went off again until noon.
Where are all those Americans that kept telling me when I was growing up in Switzerland how backwards it was there and how superiour the US is????? We never lost power even in huge storms then.
We just gave them a "poop in the dark" discount which they did not expect so I think they were happy.

Back