Joey Glow

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
For you guys and for those with hubbies, I am posting this.
DH is 72 and has a medical history that is so long it is boring - although the surprise is that he is still here (no I have not helped him out of this world yet).
In October he was diagnosed wit early stage, slow growing non-aggressive prostate cancer. His doc says most men today, if they live that long will probably get it. The choices were : do nothing (at his age something else would probably get him first - maybe), radiation, implant radium "seeds", or surgery. The doctor said first of all with DH's med history no surgery and then added that in his opinion it is barbaric and should be done away with. DH decided to go the "seeds" route - I now call him Joey Glow. Tonight I found a yu tube link to why I call it that (we both smile at the Joey Glow reference). In about 2 months he will be OK to be around pregnant women and hold babies on his lap again.
Other than having a reaction to a med which put him back in the hospital for a day via the meat wagon, he is fine and all is well. (It worked out that he was in the hospital while I took our son back to the airport and I picked him up on the way home. Who says GOD does not watch over me.) Just watch those PSAs guys.
Here is Joey: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpfkDEBno1M

Yes, our best, and we hope you have good insurance and aren't out a lot from your pocket.

Thank you. He is back to normal and having very little difference with anything since he got the Joey Glow.
Watchin' Joey Glow was written and sung by Steve Goodman who was from the Chicago area and died many years ago now from leukemia. He also wrote City of New Orleans - and when we saw him in concert within a year of his death, he said that song (as he was preparing to sing it) would take care of his family for a long time. He also wrote the Dying CUB Fan's request and a lot of really funny songs. His label is Red Pajamas.

Hugs and prayers for you both.... glad he can go the "easy" route!
=)
Kk.

Thank you. He is back to normal and having very little difference with anything since he got the Joey Glow.
Watchin' Joey Glow was written and sung by Steve Goodman who was from the Chicago area and died many years ago now from leukemia. He also wrote City of New Orleans - and when we saw him in concert within a year of his death, he said that song (as he was preparing to sing it) would take care of his family for a long time. He also wrote the Dying CUB Fan's request and a lot of really funny songs. His label is Red Pajamas..
Hope DH and you are managing as I know his health is precarious at best of times - my uncle has lukemia and they have been managing it very well for nearly 10 years now so feel they are making good progress in the area of managing -
HOwever they do say 8 times as much money goes into womens cancers than mens! plus men need to be much more aware of the symptoms as catching these things early is more than half the battle - so ladies get your menfolks organised!

Watchin' Joey Glow was written and sung by Steve Goodman who was from the Chicago area and died many years ago now from leukemia. He also wrote City of New Orleans - and when we saw him in concert within a year of his death, he said that song (as he was preparing to sing it) would take care of his family for a long time. He also wrote the Dying CUB Fan's request and a lot of really funny songs. His label is Red Pajamas..
Hope DH and you are managing as I know his health is precarious at best of times - my uncle has lukemia and they have been managing it very well for nearly 10 years now so feel they are making good progress in the area of managing -
HOwever they do say 8 times as much money goes into womens cancers than mens! plus men need to be much more aware of the symptoms as catching these things early is more than half the battle - so ladies get your menfolks organised!
Just had his 2-week check-up today. He is doing great. Next visit in 3 months. DH goes to the doc for everything and anything. He makes up for the ones I do not go to see. I am still hoping to just drop before the Alzheimer's hits.

Just had his 2-week check-up today. He is doing great. Next visit in 3 months. DH goes to the doc for everything and anything. He makes up for the ones I do not go to see. I am still hoping to just drop before the Alzheimer's hits.
Glad to hear he's doing well. Hope it stays that way!

Back