Joey here on Doily Patrol

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Having a wonderful visit with ye ol' innmates. We left one inn and am at inn #2 after having just finished a deep tissue massage at the inn - another must do for all innkeepers.
Did a thorough doily patrol and you will all be glad to hear the outcome...drum roll please...Yep, doilies have been discovered, identified and tagged at both B&B's. ROCK ON DOILIES!
Honestly people - these innkeepers are awesome - you have to spend some time with each other -- non virtually to just realize what a cool bunch we have on the forum.
shades_smile.gif

Just thought I would check in...

Okay everyone here is the proof from my visit - I was given permission from this inn-mate to post these as this innkeeper is in no form or fashion a closeted doily user - they were hanging out all over. :) DOILIES ROCK and dontchyaforgetit!
lrg_doilies1_0.JPG

and these are what I called "Pre-Loaded doilies" below:
lrg_doilies2.JPG

Upon further inspection I found them hiding in my room - even under my water glass, and their not-so-distant kissin' cousins the "dresser scarves" were also present.
Although the dresser scarves are not in the line of fire currently, I feel these bloggers and news article authors are generalizing and call them doilies in articles due to lack of vocabulary skills. In other words they don't know what they are!

Okay everyone here is the proof from my visit - I was given permission from this inn-mate to post these as this innkeeper is in no form or fashion a closeted doily user - they were hanging out all over. :) DOILIES ROCK and dontchyaforgetit!
lrg_doilies1_0.JPG

lrg_doilies2.JPG

Upon further inspection I found them hiding in my room - even under my water glass, and their not-so-distant kissin' cousins the "dresser scarves" were also present.
Although the dresser scarves are not in the line of fire currently, I feel these bloggers and news article authors are generalizing and call them doilies in articles due to lack of vocabulary skills. In other words they don't know what they are!.
I dunno. They look pretty closeted to me.

lrg_doilies1_0.JPG

lrg_doilies2.JPG

Although the dresser scarves are not in the line of fire currently, I feel these bloggers and news article authors are generalizing and call them doilies in articles due to lack of vocabulary skills. In other words they don't know what they are!.
Nice action shots!!!
Long live the doily!!!

lrg_doilies1_0.JPG

lrg_doilies2.JPG

I have been missing the smallest doily size for awhile (will just fit under a ramekin, coffee mug, or cream pitcher)...haven't been able to find them. Klutz that I tend to be, it is stressing me out to worry about these things careening off of a plate into a guest's lap! lol!
Nice photos!

lrg_doilies1_0.JPG

lrg_doilies2.JPG

I have been missing the smallest doily size for awhile (will just fit under a ramekin, coffee mug, or cream pitcher)...haven't been able to find them. Klutz that I tend to be, it is stressing me out to worry about these things careening off of a plate into a guest's lap! lol!
Nice photos!
mypapershop.com has the 4" doilies at good prices.

We are anti-doily!
smiley-char124.gif

For us the biggest turnoff in a B&B is the over abundance of frou-frou, doilies and clutter. It may be appropriate in some settings, but please practice restraint. Less is more.

We are anti-doily!
smiley-char124.gif

For us the biggest turnoff in a B&B is the over abundance of frou-frou, doilies and clutter. It may be appropriate in some settings, but please practice restraint. Less is more..
You're an anti-doilyite, ala Seinfeld.
thumbs_down.gif

I actually saw some dark soilent green ones made in china at dollar tree yesterday - uhhhhhhhhhhgly and I had a fiendish overwhelming urge to buy them and send them out in unmarked Chrissie cards! tee heee hhheeeeeeee

I actually saw some dark soilent green ones made in china at dollar tree yesterday - uhhhhhhhhhhgly and I had a fiendish overwhelming urge to buy them and send them out in unmarked Chrissie cards! tee heee hhheeeeeeee.
My guy is knee deep in snow and sorely in need of an updated paint job on his wardrobe! Maybe I'll bring him in for the winter and spiff him up. But I won't set him free. He's been in captivity too long to survive on his own. I doubt he could even cross the street without getting smushed. And there aren't any of his kind around here to take him in.

lrg_doilies1_0.JPG

lrg_doilies2.JPG

Nice photos!
I thought of using a dark leaf of some kind of greens under the ramikins. Maybe like a kale or something I saw with a little purple in the leaf. Not sure what it was but it would look nice under the egg dish in the ramikins.

lrg_doilies1_0.JPG

lrg_doilies2.JPG

Nice photos!
I thought of using a dark leaf of some kind of greens under the ramikins. Maybe like a kale or something I saw with a little purple in the leaf. Not sure what it was but it would look nice under the egg dish in the ramikins.
sandynn said:
Oooh neat idea!!!!!
Riki

Back