Joyful Guests

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
When we have super joyful guests I just innjoy them all the more! We have a couple here right now who are so full of life, laughter, enjoyment that is makes me smile just to be around them. WOW!
We have had many guests who like it here, many who love it here, some who are not super demonstrative or verbal, but these guests have smiles shining right out of their eyes! I am loving having them here.
There is no story to relate, not a major event, just happy guests who make our WHOLE FAMILY happy. I can see the influence it has on all of us, it is visible.
Thinking about our own selves and behavior, do you think how we act impacts others? Effects our guests? Youbetchya! These people put a bounce IN MY STEP and make MY STEPS a little lighter. I went above and beyond today for brekkie, they are reaping the benefits!
That is a note to the squeaky wheels and gripers, a note to how all of us treat our loved ones, it all makes a huge difference. Don't you want to do that much for those who appreciate what you do? I sure do!
I am thankful for the great guests.

We rarely get hyper joyful guests. Most everyone is just 'normal'.
So, here's the reverse way of looking at that...are they 'normal' and not 'joyful' because WE dragged them down? Were they joyful before they hit the door? It's tough being 'on' when guests are in the house but it's my job. Bad days have to stop at the apt. door.

Must be the upcoming full moon, we had 20 people here this weekend who all fit this description! It did indeed put a bounce in my step (and I am stepping much better today than I was a week ago, no more crutches just down to the brace hooray) and I felt a smile on my face more often than not. It also made me want to interact more, and we got the chance to with all the rain yesterday because everyone was here all day.
Viva la great guests!
cheers.gif

Must be the upcoming full moon, we had 20 people here this weekend who all fit this description! It did indeed put a bounce in my step (and I am stepping much better today than I was a week ago, no more crutches just down to the brace hooray) and I felt a smile on my face more often than not. It also made me want to interact more, and we got the chance to with all the rain yesterday because everyone was here all day.
Viva la great guests!
cheers.gif
Interesting to me, in your comments Don is the same way I feel, I want to interact more. Little do the boring guests know that when we have to PULL TEETH to have a conversation we just don't wanna be there! "It's our job" some here have said, and I say "No it is not" I add "They pay for the bed and breakfast, not me, I am not the entertainment for people" so that is it, in a nutshell. Demand of me, make me pull teeth to TRY to make your visit better, then it doesn't work.
Those great guests are the ones who are not seeking out our time, but they get it due to them just being them, and enjoying what we have on offer. That is the best mix we have!
We left them to check out at 1pm. They wanted to go next door to our little cafe restaurant that is not open til 12 noon on Sundays, and we didn't worry about it, no other guests in that room, they kicked back here and sat on the porch til later on today. Yep. See how it is.

I got this THINK DAILY today
Happy is Sexy
Not many mates, taken ones or not yet taken ones, are searching for an angry, frustrated, cynical, down person to spend time lots of time with.
Do what you have to do - fix yourself up, and be happy.
from http://www.thinkdaily.com/

Back