Just a few requirements - for a 1-night

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the other side of this I went to uni with a girl like this and she had to wear gloves all the time because if she touched a person who had washed with soap skin to skin it made her bleed! So at least she was upfront with you. The girl I know is practically a prisoner in her own home because if someone simply sprays hair spray near her she could die. When she finished her degree and tried to get a job the job people told her she would never work and should apply for benefits and stay at home (and this was the governement!) she was determined to work so retrained as an accountant and works from home and the clients leave the info in her porch. I don't mind people with problems who tell you its the ones who have problems and don't that drive me mad!!! Ie have a bad leg and don't tell you till arrival so they have to have the room on the top floor! or people who arn't disabled but think they are!

I'd have her call the local hospital to see if they have a room, preferably a sterile operating room, available for her.

Thanks a lot forum, I just got a call from one of the two checking in tonight (nearly here) and she is allergic, and can't eat EVERY THING! I forgot to mention oatmeal and blueberries, when they check in I will ask. Nothing was told to me in advance.
poke.gif

I would have hit that delete button so fast your head would spin LOL A` one nighter is not worth the trouble. After what all you ask for a week stay would have been tough. A big red flag on that one

Thanks a lot forum, I just got a call from one of the two checking in tonight (nearly here) and she is allergic, and can't eat EVERY THING! I forgot to mention oatmeal and blueberries, when they check in I will ask. Nothing was told to me in advance.
poke.gif
Of course not! She is a secret shopper and the goal is to see how well you can handle those curve balls with the smile of hospitality!

poke.gif
If you knew nothing in advance then they shouldn't expect you can meet their dietary issues. They will of course expect that you will because you surely have every possible food item in your massive storage area! I hate when guests spring this crap on me.
We all ask, in many, many ways and many, many times to be infomed in advance of problems. 'In advance' is NOT as they are pulling in, checking in or sitting down to eat in the morning!

Hey no big deal right, I only go to the store like every flippin' day now. Actually, they checked in and the oatmeal (as long as it is not the sweetened type and it isn't), will work with fruit.

We had a couple stay it was the husband who booked who made a complete fuss about how she was gluten free and had to have special cerial etc and when they came she said oh he's a complete idiot I can have rice crispies (we do these as standard in our choice of cerial) and we had looked everywhere for it and bought stuff specially we had to eat it ourselves!! GRRR

Back