Just Checking In

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
Hello all...just checking in here. Was totally bored out of my skull, so started up the computer after a week. Won't be on here long...just enough to file a quick update:)
It has been exactly a week since the surgery. Lots more done than was expected besides the torn rotator cuff.... I am still in pain but have the pain meds to help out. I bruise easily..so even the DR. was surprised to see how black and blue my upper right arm is. Had the sutures out MOnday, and staying out of the sling as much as possible. Wants me to move around as much as possible. Hard not to favor the right side:-( So that effects the rest of the neck and back etc...
The worst has been trying to find a way to sleep, 4 days of upright in a recliner are done with...I finally just went back to bed and flat on my back with pillows propping against me. .....all the contortions have put my back side in some real pain which is bothering me more than the shoulder.
Take care all. We'll see how things are in another week.

Glad to hear that you are doing OK. Hopefully the pain will be gone before you know it!
heart.gif
I think I would go batty if I couldn't get on the computer at least a few times a day LOL!

Glad to see you're alive! Now turn the computer off and go do something that doesn't involve a keyboard!
cheers.gif
Like this little smiley!

Glad to see you're alive! Now turn the computer off and go do something that doesn't involve a keyboard!
cheers.gif
Like this little smiley!.
Dr. says keyboard is fine. But I am not going to be doing much. And my high has to come from the drugs right now:)

Feel better soon Cat Lady! For sleeping, try lying on your non-surgery side; with your surgery arm side, put one pillow between your torse and your wrist, and another pillow tucked between your torso and your armpit. Put another pillow behind you so if you roll over you don't flop onto your back...this position keeps the shoulder supported and if you are normally a side-sleeper you'll fall asleep faster. Make DH help you get set up!

May you feel better soon! Do you have a good book to read? If not, try Dan Brown's new one, The Lost Symbol. I'm listening to it while I'm running around doing the cleaning and I love it.

I have Agatha Christy mysteries on dvd and really enjoy watching those. Lots easier than holding a book when you are hurting. Find something that you like to watch.

I have Agatha Christy mysteries on dvd and really enjoy watching those. Lots easier than holding a book when you are hurting. Find something that you like to watch..
We have poirot and Sherlock Holmes. Will have to get the AC ones for CHristmas. I thought I might try brushing up on some of my Spanish :)

Hope you are all better soon. May it be sooner than later. Do what the doc says and be a good patient - so do NOT be impatent because you have a blooming vaseful of innpatienes waiting for your recovered return.

I remembered your surgery and have been wondering how you were doing. I have thought of you everyday. When you start feeling great you will be so glad it is all over and done.

I have Agatha Christy mysteries on dvd and really enjoy watching those. Lots easier than holding a book when you are hurting. Find something that you like to watch..
We have poirot and Sherlock Holmes. Will have to get the AC ones for CHristmas. I thought I might try brushing up on some of my Spanish :)
Espero que se sienta mejor pronto!

Glad to hear things went ok, hope they get even better soon.

Best wishes for a quick recovery...Hope you can get your hands on some good books to pass the time

Now is the time to take it easy and have your dh pamper you even more :) Speedy recovery! Do your P.T.!!.
I don't go to PT for 6 weeks yet. Dr. gave me exercises to do at home and I am doing them just as he said...as I am able. The worst is trying to sleep to protect the shoulder...my back is now a mess!!!! I had 4 different procedures done on the shoulder...so things are worse than just with a rotator cuff surgery:-(

Back