Just...EEEWWWW!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I expect a certain level of "eeww" IN a guest room...they get naked in there for heaven's sake. NOTHING surprises me in there (including grown people urinating and fully soaking a queen size bed).
And yes, this is patio furniture, but we have chairs/ottomans all over the place, this table/chairs is clearly meant to be eaten at.
It's just grossing me out, big time. BARE FEET on a table that someone would sit and eat at???? I can hardly wait to see what she will do at the breakfast table tomorrow!.
InnsiderInfo said:
I expect a certain level of "eeww" IN a guest room...they get naked in there for heaven's sake. NOTHING surprises me in there (including grown people urinating and fully soaking a queen size bed).
And yes, this is patio furniture, but we have chairs/ottomans all over the place, this table/chairs is clearly meant to be eaten at.
It's just grossing me out, big time. BARE FEET on a table that someone would sit and eat at???? I can hardly wait to see what she will do at the breakfast table tomorrow!
Me thinks you are an anti foot person? Feet are probably ten times cleaner than hands if you did a germ test.

It would not worry me one bit. It is patio furniture, birds poop on it, bugs crawl over it, it is no big deal. You should see what this freakin' mulberry tree is doing outside right now. Actually two freakin' mulberry trees, the birds have zero digestion when it comes to purple seeded fruit.

I resisted the urge to serve her breakfast in my bare feet this morning. I'm over it this morning, but something about the bare feet on the table was just really going through me last night. Then I found out that when DH went outside to grill our dinner he asked her to take her bare feet off the table and she just laughed and didn't!
One more night...she's giving folks who live smack dab in the middle of the country a bad name..
InnsiderInfo said:
I resisted the urge to serve her breakfast in my bare feet this morning. I'm over it this morning, but something about the bare feet on the table was just really going through me last night. Then I found out that when DH went outside to grill our dinner he asked her to take her bare feet off the table and she just laughed and didn't!
One more night...she's giving folks who live smack dab in the middle of the country a bad name.
She didn't take her feet down? OK, NOW she's a pig. That's ridiculous that she wouldn't heed a direct request.
I like kk's mantra 'no feet where we eat' that's a good one.

Don't you wipe the table and use placemats and plates when serving food outside? What's the big deal?.
Proud Texan said:
Don't you wipe the table and use placemats and plates when serving food outside? What's the big deal?
I think this is more of a worry that other guests using the same table won't know she had her feet up there. The other guests wouldn't necessarily have the placemats or plates. Not that this is where breakfast is served, even if it could be, but that someone else might use that table before breakfast or before it was washed off.

It would not worry me one bit. It is patio furniture, birds poop on it, bugs crawl over it, it is no big deal. You should see what this freakin' mulberry tree is doing outside right now. Actually two freakin' mulberry trees, the birds have zero digestion when it comes to purple seeded fruit..
You know..I think you have the right idea...if I was relaxing outside, I might want to prop by feet up and if a table was nearby...not one you eat at...I might be so inclined to do so...what is patio furniture for????
And yes, what about all the bird doo doo? And any other animals crawling around the place?? Putting her feet up doesn't really freak me out a bit..some of the other yuk stuff that has been mentioned...EEEEEEEEEWWWWW :-( is right.
Mulberry trees..yuk and yuk!! We had a huge one when we moved here and it was the first thing we cut down. There are still sprouts trying to come up all over the place!

I Cloroxed the entire table after she left. We're supposed to be concerned about a swine flu "epidemic"...do you really think this person is washing her hands after using the restroom if she thinks it is acceptable to put bare feet on an eating surface? I highly doubt it.
I guess to each his own special "freak out"...none of the indoors, bodily fluid-type things phase me, that's what bedrooms are made for after all
teeth_smile.gif
I just thought this was nasty. Maybe worsened by the fact that 5 feet away were two adirondack chairs with ottomans, and 15 feet beyond that a huge hammock. If you want to stretch out, go ahead...but don't bend yourself in half to prop your bare feet on a CLEAN glass table (no bird drippings, etc...the whole area is under a large umbrella)...it just clearly is an area that is meant to be used for eating, whereas the other areas are clearly for lounging.
DH said when he went out to start the grill he said "We really want you to be comfortable but maybe it's not the best idea to have your bare feet up on the table". She just laughed and waved him away. Maybe she tought he was kidding.
At any rate she was fine this morning, gone for the day now. We'll see if there's a repeat performance tonight!

I Cloroxed the entire table after she left. We're supposed to be concerned about a swine flu "epidemic"...do you really think this person is washing her hands after using the restroom if she thinks it is acceptable to put bare feet on an eating surface? I highly doubt it.
I guess to each his own special "freak out"...none of the indoors, bodily fluid-type things phase me, that's what bedrooms are made for after all
teeth_smile.gif
I just thought this was nasty. Maybe worsened by the fact that 5 feet away were two adirondack chairs with ottomans, and 15 feet beyond that a huge hammock. If you want to stretch out, go ahead...but don't bend yourself in half to prop your bare feet on a CLEAN glass table (no bird drippings, etc...the whole area is under a large umbrella)...it just clearly is an area that is meant to be used for eating, whereas the other areas are clearly for lounging.
DH said when he went out to start the grill he said "We really want you to be comfortable but maybe it's not the best idea to have your bare feet up on the table". She just laughed and waved him away. Maybe she tought he was kidding.
At any rate she was fine this morning, gone for the day now. We'll see if there's a repeat performance tonight!.
InnsiderInfo said:
... Maybe she tought he was kidding.
That's when he should have said, "I'm not kidding!" Besides, if it was a glass table and something were to happen, you could have liability issues.

There are many people with "feet issues," which I usually forget about until I run into one. I have several friends who think anything foot related is completely icky. I don't get it, but I respect it in my friends.
Another friend told me of an entire culture that way... he lived in El Salvador a while and anything foot related was totally gross. So he kept his money in his socks where he knew no thief would ever find it.
=)
Kk.

if i put my feet up on something and my host asked or told me (even if it seemed jokingly) to take them off, i would. and i wouldn't do it again. my take is she's either messing with you for some reason or just doesn't get it. just 'bare' in mind that people do things we sometimes don't see them doing ... so ... best to scrub down the tables before serving. inside or out, it's still a table at a b&b that other people use, not at her home. i think she ought to know better.
like the time i saw a guest use one of the cloth dinner napkins as a nose hankie, refold it, and leave the table. after that, i pulled ALL napkins off the table after breakfast each day. you never know.
wink_smile.gif

p.s. yellow socks!

Just to gross Innsider a little more, I just remembered hearing a foot fact this last weekend.. and confirmed this on the 'how stuff works' site:
With more than 250,000 sweat glands each, your feet are among the most perspiring parts of the body. In one day, each foot can produce more than a pint of sweat!
Now that is EEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!

The worst thing in my estimation are those who sit and play with their feet, it creeps me out and with other people around! It is not uncommon either.

Just to gross Innsider a little more, I just remembered hearing a foot fact this last weekend.. and confirmed this on the 'how stuff works' site:
With more than 250,000 sweat glands each, your feet are among the most perspiring parts of the body. In one day, each foot can produce more than a pint of sweat!
Now that is EEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!.
AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!
BLECH!!!!!!!
Thanks Copper!
barf.gif

Don't you wipe the table and use placemats and plates when serving food outside? What's the big deal?.
I think the "big deal" is that feet really don't belong on tables. I can hardly tolerate feet on coffee tables (speaking about my boys in my home now), that's why in my house, those are pretty high and would put the offender in an uncomfortable position. For that guest to have thought of putting her feet on the table is unbelievable and then, when told to not do that, just laugh is grounds for
broken_heart.gif

Now that is EEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!.
Copperhead said:
Now that is EEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!
Which is why walking on your carpets in bare feet is worse for the life of the carpet than walking around in slippers or socks.

I've been busy lately so I'm late to the discussion. We live in the land of the Southern Porches....people put their bare feet up on the furniture, porch railings, little tables, you name it! I guess they get comfortable out there. A table that was clearly for dining....hmmm....not set up for dining? All bets are off as it is outdoors with all the other elements.
I would take it as a compliment on some level that they were comfortable there....:)
Now, I didn't like it when a guest's 20-something daughter was lying down with her shoes ON on my antique Duncan Phyfe sofa in the parlor. THAT torqued me off! I think I said, "You look really tired, maybe you would be more comfortable resting in your room instead of on that antique velvet sofa?" I mean, come on!

Hallelujah, she is gone. She was just wholly obnoxious...dominated the breakfast table conversation both days, interrupted others, talked very partisan politics...my final verdict is that she was just clueless. They pay, they stay, they GO AWAY...HURRAY!

Back