Just...EEEWWWW!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Draper

Reaction score
A couple who checked in this afternoon are sitting out on the patio at a round, glass table with four chairs. As I'm prepping dinner, I see thru the kitchen window the woman slide her sandals off and put her feet up on one of the empty chairs, which has a cushion on it. It gave me pause, I just thought Wow, I don't think I would put my bare feet up on someone else's piece of furniture.
Two minutes later I look out and see her with both BARE FEET on TOP of the glass table.
?????

OK, I wouldn't put my bare feet on the glass table (nor my shod feet for that matter) but I would put them on the chair. Sorry. I put my feet on the coffee table at home, tho.

The bare feet on the cushioned chair just made me raise my eyebrows...but in a stranger's home? And bare feet on top of a glass table?
Let me amend my guest book to reflect "Please do not act like a pig".

The bare feet on the cushioned chair just made me raise my eyebrows...but in a stranger's home? And bare feet on top of a glass table?
Let me amend my guest book to reflect "Please do not act like a pig"..
InnsiderInfo said:
Uh oh. You can only hope I read the book before I relax...
We're talking patio furniture right? It gets rained on. The birds poop on it. Wildlife sits on it without benefit of clothing. My feet won't hurt it. Consider, well, not too closely, that many guests do not unmake the bed before they use it. A heck of a lot worse than feet on a cushion. True ewwww is butt prints on the full length mirror.

InnsiderInfo said:
We're talking patio furniture right? It gets rained on. The birds poop on it. Wildlife sits on it without benefit of clothing. My feet won't hurt it. Consider, well, not too closely, that many guests do not unmake the bed before they use it. A heck of a lot worse than feet on a cushion. True ewwww is butt prints on the full length mirror.
Bree said:
True ewwww is butt prints on the full length mirror.
You just made me spray wine everywhere; I think some went up my nose. Really ewww...

Butt prints on the full length mirror? You're kidding right? What does a butt print even look like?

grossest was a used prophylactic dangling from a curtain rod where it had been flung ... maybe ...
i don't know how it got there and like to believe it wasn't on purpose
but the industry lost a pretty good chambermaid that day. she vowed NEVER to clean guest rooms again ... ever ...

True ewwww is a puddle right in the middle of a nice clean California King bedspread. Anyone know a tactful way of telling guests not to do this on check-in? It hasn't happened often but is a mess when it does simply because of the size of the bedspread.

InnsiderInfo said:
Bree said:
InnsiderInfo said:
Amen to that Bree.
We have been blessed to live in a forest full of songbirds. Unfortunately, this has given me a weekly chore of cleaning bird poop off porches, bridges, pathways, patio furniture....you name it, they've pooped on it. There's not much a guest could do to the patio furniture that gross me out.
In regards to butt prints, I'm surprised that none have been left by my ink-stamped toliet paper.
barf.gif

I expect a certain level of "eeww" IN a guest room...they get naked in there for heaven's sake. NOTHING surprises me in there (including grown people urinating and fully soaking a queen size bed).
And yes, this is patio furniture, but we have chairs/ottomans all over the place, this table/chairs is clearly meant to be eaten at.
It's just grossing me out, big time. BARE FEET on a table that someone would sit and eat at???? I can hardly wait to see what she will do at the breakfast table tomorrow!

True ewwww is a puddle right in the middle of a nice clean California King bedspread. Anyone know a tactful way of telling guests not to do this on check-in? It hasn't happened often but is a mess when it does simply because of the size of the bedspread..
barf.gif
barf.gif
barf.gif
Ok, you people are making me wanna puke! Hands over the eyes, "I'm not reading, I'm not reading, i'm not reading, bleh, bleh, bleh,bleh, bleh..."

As of now I think Seashanty has the Ewwwwww prize of the day. I have endured seeing, cleaning many gross but that worse.
I rest my feet on outdoor furniture too.... and in the summer, yes they would be unshod. I mostlikely would not put my shoes up in the chair, thinking my bare feet would be clean(er) than the bottom of the shoes... Don't think I would prop up on the table though, my short legs would hamper that move.
wink_smile.gif

I expect a certain level of "eeww" IN a guest room...they get naked in there for heaven's sake. NOTHING surprises me in there (including grown people urinating and fully soaking a queen size bed).
And yes, this is patio furniture, but we have chairs/ottomans all over the place, this table/chairs is clearly meant to be eaten at.
It's just grossing me out, big time. BARE FEET on a table that someone would sit and eat at???? I can hardly wait to see what she will do at the breakfast table tomorrow!.
InnsiderInfo said:
It's just grossing me out, big time. BARE FEET on a table that someone would sit and eat at???? I can hardly wait to see what she will do at the breakfast table tomorrow!
I think you should serve her breakfast out doors tomorrow.
teeth_smile.gif

heehee, that is a good amendment.
shades_smile.gif

Could it be that the lady felt really comfortable in your home and how would you have reacted had she put her shoes on your cushions?
Feet on anyone's table , yikes already

InnsiderInfo said:
I thought we were the only place were some guest don't sleep between the sheets. eeeewwwww.... Unreal.
Sorry for thread jacking. I just thought that was interesting.

heehee, that is a good amendment.
shades_smile.gif

Could it be that the lady felt really comfortable in your home and how would you have reacted had she put her shoes on your cushions?
Feet on anyone's table , yikes already
Welcome Iris! Glad you have joined us.

I have tears running down my cheeks.... (the upper ones!)
Then I'm reading this thread to dh and when I go to the used prophylatic he says, "high and mighty!" then he says "I guess the guy had a lot of pent up emotion!" and THEN he says, "Send me to the moon!"
I catch my breath and he goes again... "Houston, we have liftoff!" "Goooooaaaaaaallllll!"
Argh!
Anyway, I, too, would put my unshod feet on the cushions, but not on the glass table. "No feet where we eat!" is the mantra here.... you can use that at breakfast if she gets too comfortable....
=)
Kk.

I resisted the urge to serve her breakfast in my bare feet this morning. I'm over it this morning, but something about the bare feet on the table was just really going through me last night. Then I found out that when DH went outside to grill our dinner he asked her to take her bare feet off the table and she just laughed and didn't!
One more night...she's giving folks who live smack dab in the middle of the country a bad name.

Don't you wipe the table and use placemats and plates when serving food outside? What's the big deal?

Back