Just for fun - which of these B&Bs takes your fancy?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was the destination more than the photo or verbage. Florence Vs Edinburgh, a no brainer for me. :)

To do a fair test both inns should have been described as in the same place. Then you could have gotten a fair assessment of what it was you were trying to test.
Me, I want Florence.

To do a fair test both inns should have been described as in the same place. Then you could have gotten a fair assessment of what it was you were trying to test.
Me, I want Florence..
Yeah I thought about that but thought it might just be me that doesn't fancy Scotland as I'm from the UK and it's too much like home. Turns out most people agree. Poor old Scotland. For the record, Edinburgh's a fantastic city...

Me, I want Florence..
Yeah I thought about that but thought it might just be me that doesn't fancy Scotland as I'm from the UK and it's too much like home. Turns out most people agree. Poor old Scotland. For the record, Edinburgh's a fantastic city...
Eleanor Brown said:
I was planning a B&B exchange in Scotland a few years ago which never panned out, it is not that I would not like to visit, it is winter here and the thought of the Scotch Mist does not appeal to me. Perhaps in the heat of summer I would desire cool off a bit!

Me, I want Florence..
Obviously, I have an 'outsider's' opinion here, but every single movie, TV show, etc from the UK, shows Britons going on their hols someplace sunny and warm. (Exception being Fawlty Towers, but I bet those 'guests' go to sunnier climes on their next vacation!)

Me, I want Florence..
Obviously, I have an 'outsider's' opinion here, but every single movie, TV show, etc from the UK, shows Britons going on their hols someplace sunny and warm. (Exception being Fawlty Towers, but I bet those 'guests' go to sunnier climes on their next vacation!)
Morticia said:
I am reading a book by Will Thomas and in it are the Italians who migrated to London illegally (during the Victorian era) and now the Sicilians are there and they said "We left Italy due to the violence and we took on this miserable GLOOM instead, now they are following us here!"
No, its no secret the weather is bad. We have pockets of it here in the USA as well - Pittsburgh, Seattle, but when the weather is nice it is really nice! Not that often, unfortunately. :)

My wife and I will be travelling to Edinburgh and continuing on a 4-day Speyside Whisky tour in the near future. Having visited both - We much prefer Edinburgh, albeit, not for the weather. Historically and for the sheer enjoyment of the Scottish Pubs, atmosphere and down-to-earth hospitality, Edinburgh takes it hands down for us.
Cheers

Back