Just got the brochure!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Staff member
Reaction score
As I told you, we were to be featured in a Federal Home Loan Bank of Pittsburgh brochure on their Banking on Business (BOB Loans) program. I misunderstood a bit based on the photos they asked for, HOWEVER we are featured prominently with photos and text on those photos.
It is an 8x11 withthe center cutopening on each side (do not know how else to describe it). More than 1/3 of the front is taken up with a photo of a military couple who stayed here, standing on the porch by our sign. Inside is a photo of JB and me taken with us at breakfast holding Gillum House mugs (the original design) - text box states Banking On Business saved jobs at the Gillum House Bed & Breakfast.. (the business that it really saved jobs at did not want photos used so I won them for which I thank that business!) On the back is a photo of one of my guests sitting on the glider with the Blueprint Community sign prominently behind her - FHLB was the sponsor of the Blueprint Community trainning!!!
It is not just the Gillum House, but we more photos as a business - and larger ones!!!
BlogInnkeepers.jpg
The photo in the brochure.

WOW! If they do a pdf of the brochure for their website or you ask them for one for you files :) post it here so we can see..WOW again!

Gulp. I was recovering from being sick as a dog when we took that image.
whattha.gif
Next stop Pixboig.
Congrats Gillum House!
Can't wait to see it, can you ask for a PDF version to be emailed to you? They should agree as it is more advertising for them!

I have asked for more copies so I can send to the guests pictured and to you JB. And you got the name of the city correct! After only one visit - you are good!!

I have asked for more copies so I can send to the guests pictured and to you JB. And you got the name of the city correct! After only one visit - you are good!!.
gillumhouse said:
I have asked for more copies so I can send to the guests pictured and to you JB. And you got the name of the city correct! After only one visit - you are good!!
Your ears must have been burning this morning as I discussed 1/2 price books with some guests from Ohio (Columbus) as they have two or three of them there as well. I told them about going to the store in PA nearer you. And how DH said you could go to B&N and pay full cover price, and I said it is not the books, it is the challenge, and the fun, the hunter and collector side of me that loves 1/2 price books!

I have asked for more copies so I can send to the guests pictured and to you JB. And you got the name of the city correct! After only one visit - you are good!!.
gillumhouse said:
Your ears must have been burning this morning as I discussed 1/2 price books with some guests from Ohio (Columbus) as they have two or three of them there as well. I told them about going to the store in PA nearer you. And how DH said you could go to B&N and pay full cover price, and I said it is not the books, it is the challenge, and the fun, the hunter and collector side of me that loves 1/2 price books!
Joey Bloggs said:
gillumhouse said:
Plus 1/2 price has a better Clearance price. I go to the back of the store - and yes, it is a challenge that is fun as I sometimes find new authors by intriguing titles - and find books for $1 or $2. Then i read them and take them upstairs to be stolen!! DH & I love that store. Rarely get out without spending $50!!

Back