Just looking for now...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hillbilly

Reaction score
Hello, I have been a long time user of Reservation Key and have recommended it for years to others like a lot of you have. For reasons I wish to not bring to light I am looking at other options. There are so many out there I just wanted to see if anyone had any new updated info on other options. Most of the posts on here have been about RK. So I wanted to see what others might be using. Affordability at this point is not a key factor as Im learning. Price is not always the best option. I really do not want to go into Q/A for the reasons. As RK is probably a great option for most but not all.
Thanks for your help!

Most of the places I innsit for have moved to thinkreservations, ranging from 5 rooms to 18 rooms. Another option is Innkeeper's Advantage - a lot of PA innkeepers use it.

Most of the places I innsit for have moved to thinkreservations, ranging from 5 rooms to 18 rooms. Another option is Innkeeper's Advantage - a lot of PA innkeepers use it..
I think Innkeepers advantage got them all in a room at a conference and sold them their line. I am not real familar with it but have seen one site here with it and am not really that impressed with it or the site they did for her.

Most of the places I innsit for have moved to thinkreservations, ranging from 5 rooms to 18 rooms. Another option is Innkeeper's Advantage - a lot of PA innkeepers use it..
I think Innkeepers advantage got them all in a room at a conference and sold them their line. I am not real familar with it but have seen one site here with it and am not really that impressed with it or the site they did for her.
Just pointing out what others are using. I don't have experience with anything other than Reskey or Webervations as the owner. My customer service experience was actually better with Innkeeper's Advantage than ThinkReservations, but I have not used it a lot.
Rezovation is also still in use. The web version is different than the desktop version, and better. But I wouldn't be as sure as to how that product will be supported in the future. I also got good customer service on that as an innsitter - the web version, not the desktop.

I like the Guest User interface of ThinkReservations better than RK, and since John seems to think upgrading the backend of RK is more important than the frontend, and is not very receptive lately to correcting existing issues before moving on.... I hear ya HillBill!

We use Reznexus. Ihs worked very well and we get lots of information from them.

I like the Guest User interface of ThinkReservations better than RK, and since John seems to think upgrading the backend of RK is more important than the frontend, and is not very receptive lately to correcting existing issues before moving on.... I hear ya HillBill!.
I would like to see the backend improved as that is what I work with the most with clients and have it be more user friendly. You obviously hav regular contact with him so I don't know what issues concern you but backend has to function too

Resnexus here. They help set you up..
But it is more expensive. But I guess the old saying "you get what you pay for" goes
tounge_smile.gif

I like the Guest User interface of ThinkReservations better than RK, and since John seems to think upgrading the backend of RK is more important than the frontend, and is not very receptive lately to correcting existing issues before moving on.... I hear ya HillBill!.
I would like to see the backend improved as that is what I work with the most with clients and have it be more user friendly. You obviously hav regular contact with him so I don't know what issues concern you but backend has to function too
The quibbles are back end related. Curious, what would you like to be more user friendly?

The quibbles are back end related. Curious, what would you like to be more user friendly?
???
i just think the interface is poor. Having to go back and forth to the section to bring up items. Just going back a screen when editing is sometimes easier rather than having to keep clicking on the section.
it looks pretty dated n the backend. Needs more spacing for ease of reading maybe newer fonts, the general overall look and feel just seems dated

???
i just think the interface is poor. Having to go back and forth to the section to bring up items. Just going back a screen when editing is sometimes easier rather than having to keep clicking on the section.
it looks pretty dated n the backend. Needs more spacing for ease of reading maybe newer fonts, the general overall look and feel just seems dated
Actually, he's in the process of converting the back-end to a new format. A number of sections have already been converted. However, I actually preferred the one page format with everything exposed, instead of having to read through each section to find what I need. He also updated all the email templates to a much nicer HTML format, which I do like.
To me, the whole front-end which drives our business looks antiquated. If we're not attracting guests, not as much need to be using the back-end.

???
Actually, he's in the process of converting the back-end to a new format. A number of sections have already been converted. However, I actually preferred the one page format with everything exposed, instead of having to read through each section to find what I need. He also updated all the email templates to a much nicer HTML format, which I do like.
To me, the whole front-end which drives our business looks antiquated. If we're not attracting guests, not as much need to be using the back-end.
But you can customize the look with css to match your site.

???
Well, yes, I've done that with an iframe. But if you look around, that's far too technical for the average user.

???
Well, yes, I've done that with an iframe. But if you look around, that's far too technical for the average user.
That is why I said the backend needs improvement so someone without coding skills could make choices easily and have the front look good too. I don't like trying to tweak all that code either

EmptyNest said:
I really didn't plan on going into the discussion but I will say a few things. These are just a handful of comments. Some go to a personal level for me that I will not go into.
For me I'm fine with him upgrading the backend. It does need some work I agree. That said, I believe what you already have should fully work before spending time to be able to update the color in the backend. I'm receiving complaints from guests on a regular bases and I have to constantly work the software to make it work. Its time to take a look around to see if anything else might work better for my business. I know I have lost reservations because if issues that have never been fixed. My customers don't like issues and many go elsewhere when they can't make a reservation. In this case I'm the customer and its time to look elsewhere.

EmptyNest said:
I really didn't plan on going into the discussion but I will say a few things. These are just a handful of comments. Some go to a personal level for me that I will not go into.
For me I'm fine with him upgrading the backend. It does need some work I agree. That said, I believe what you already have should fully work before spending time to be able to update the color in the backend. I'm receiving complaints from guests on a regular bases and I have to constantly work the software to make it work. Its time to take a look around to see if anything else might work better for my business. I know I have lost reservations because if issues that have never been fixed. My customers don't like issues and many go elsewhere when they can't make a reservation. In this case I'm the customer and its time to look elsewhere.
Wish I knew what your problem is because all of my clients who use it have not complained about anything going wrong with their reservations etc.

EmptyNest said:
Wish I knew what your problem is because all of my clients who use it have not complained about anything going wrong with their reservations etc.
I will try and send you a private message later today. We do have family coming to dinner tonight so my wife has me doing all kinds of things. :) Happy Thanksgiving by the way! I need to ask you som questions about our Inns website anyway. Hope you have a blessed day!

Back