Just Opened Inn(Oh yes I did) Sheridan Wyoming!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobBernard

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Innmates,
Just got final approval to open our B&B a few days before Christmas, had an open house with about 130+ attendees from around town on the 31st, got our first bookings yesterday, and finished the tileing in one of our upstairs baths today. Absolutely hectic! Over the past few months, between working on my never ending todo list, I have been able to read most of this forum and it has been an absolute lifesaver. Thank you all!
Hopefully I will have time to write a better introduction later, but for now I just wanted to get started here, and give you all a chance to check out the website my sons designed and put together. ResidenceHill.net
All feedback is greatly appreciated,
Thank you,
Rob Bernard

Welcome and best of luck!!! I know you're tired, but excited!

Hi, welcome to this wacky world of Innkeeping.
One thing I would say about your website is that it's not obvious what your business name is or what you do. Would expect to see your business name on a banner across the top of each page.

Congrats on opening! Call me confused but if you just got your first bookings how the heck are Rich & Svetlana cooing over how each time they've stayed...?
Love how you have all those books in the rooms!

Welcome. I saw only one room saying the size of the bed - the room with twins. I would add bed size to the room descriptions. It makes a big difference to folks whether it is full, queen, or king.
May you be as busy as you want to be.

Briefly, web pages should clearly identify name and place. The Top "Welcome" should say "Welcome to Residence Hill Bed & Breakfast, Sheridan Wyoming" For SEO, put the main place name someone would look for in text as often as you can.
Good luck ... and may your personal bathroom cabinet always be overflowing with partially used rolls of toilet paper.

Briefly, web pages should clearly identify name and place. The Top "Welcome" should say "Welcome to Residence Hill Bed & Breakfast, Sheridan Wyoming" For SEO, put the main place name someone would look for in text as often as you can.
Good luck ... and may your personal bathroom cabinet always be overflowing with partially used rolls of toilet paper..
Tom said:
... and may your personal bathroom cabinet always be overflowing with partially used rolls of toilet paper.
Can't find it now, but somewhere I've seen a little gizmo that lets you quickly wind partial rolls onto another roll, to build a full sized roll out of several partials.
Trouble is, I think it was just a gag on a situation comedy I saw. But it could sell well to innkeepers!

welcome.gif
and best of luck to you!

Congratulations! What an accomplishment.
About your website: to be honest I did not notice what the others pointed out (name in banner, identify size of beds), but they are good points. What I did notice was the picture banner on the breakfast page (I ALWAYS check for breakfast) and the room picture for Harry's room. Here are my thoughts: use a picture that shows a full pitcher and glass of juice. I know it looks like you just poured the glass, but it looks like you're running out. In Harry's room -- and this goes more the to inn than the website -- get rid of the toys; put the boombox on the shelves. I felt like I would be kicking a little boy out of his room, and that was a bit disconcerting.
Literally, those were the first two things I hit on your site: Harry's room, and breakfast. I like room names that show personal character, and I want to know about the breakfast.
Good luck to you!
ETA: Policies: "A two-night minimum may apply at certain times." When is that?

Welcome. And good luck. One big comment...SHARED BATHS???? If there is anyway you can fit even a small private bath...do so. shared baths are not good these days.

Have to agree Harry's room (is this for children only as part of a family room?) it looks like you have accidentally given your web deisgner a picture of your childrens room.

Welcome! I feel the same about the "boys" room-makes me feel as if it was a kid's room.
Its a learning thing-and this forum is AWSOME! havent been in for a while been busy with this new Inn-but its been a GREAT experience.

The kids room definitely needs to be improved. My question is this.. why an African room in Wyoming?

Sorry to be late to welcome you and to congratulate you. Your title reminded me of the excitement of the first days of our adventure, and I'm very excited for you!
Websites are changeable, living documents. I think you've got a GREAT start. Listen to all the sage advice, use what makes sense, and best of luck!
"May your pleasures be many and your PITA's be few!"
teeth_smile.gif

Private baths are ideal, but sometimes shared cannot be avoided. However, I would certainly provide bath robes for the guests (at least the ones in the shared bath rooms).

Howdy Rob!
welcome.gif

All the best with your inn and I hope to read your blog about the wild west where you live soon! (With lots of photos).

Private baths are ideal, but sometimes shared cannot be avoided. However, I would certainly provide bath robes for the guests (at least the ones in the shared bath rooms)..
Aussie Innkeeper said:
Private baths are ideal, but sometimes shared cannot be avoided. However, I would certainly provide bath robes for the guests (at least the ones in the shared bath rooms).
I would suggest XL & XXL. As my "shakedown cruise" guest informed me, One Size Fits Alll - DON'T!! The smaller the guest, the larger the robe they choose (I have some XXX).

Back