Just Opened Inn(Oh yes I did) Sheridan Wyoming!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum! You will certainly find this a welcoming place to "laugh, cry, vent" and find a diverse group of opinions to help you through each day!
Congratulations!
welcome.gif

Congrats and welcome. Try to not be thin skinned about some of the helpful comments. The folks here can be a bit direct but are amazingly helpful.

Congrats ! Looks like a lovely property- Great web site also. Good Luck !

welcome.gif
and congrats on opening, Rob! Best of luck as you tweak your website and define your trademark a bit more.
regular_smile.gif

My only comment is to get rid of some of the clutter in the rooms. Nice to share your collectibles, but folks want a place to put their own stuff!

Congratulations Rob, may you have many happy years as innkeepers.
welcome.gif

I'd have to concur with the comments about the shared baths. The only way that usually will work is if there are two rooms that the same group or family are occupying.
Also, I agree with the comment about having your bed and breakfast name in banner or somehow more obvious that just in the first sentence of text. I also would have my telephone number and/or e-mail address up higher on the home page and in some sort of bold type so that people can more easily find a way to contact you. The Google connect is a cute gimmick, but I have found that people actually like a phone number to call.
SEO is very important. You have 62 characters to play with on each and every page that the search engines will scroll through.. Make sure your son uses names of things that are the type of things that people search on in the title bar: ie, Sheridan WY, bed and breakfast, Lodging in Sheridan, Wyoming bed & Breakfast etc. If you don't get found in the search engines, people won't come.
If I was going to join one online directory, it would be Bedandbreakfast.com. It is one of the most used directory sites by guests.
Good choice in Resnexus. For a small property they are very good.
Lynda Lerner, Inn Caring
regular_smile.gif

Question re breakfast:
"At Residence Hill, we serve a generous breakfast, family style, each morning in the spacious dining room. On weekdays we serve between 7:00 and 9:00 AM and on weekends and holidays between 8:00 and 10:00 AM,"
How is it family style if you have an open breakfast time? I don't want to bombard you, so I will only ask one question to add to the others. Website - tell your son this: a website is like a newspaper: EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT! headline news and all of that. This means the most important info needs to be on your header. - one every page. This should be your Inn name, location and then small paragraph about your inn or what you are offering, this is what Google sees, this is what prospective guests see.
Hope you check back in, you said feedback appreciated. You are probably out snow-shoeing or something.
teeth_smile.gif

Back