Just plain upset . PEOPLE!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flower

Reaction score
This week has just been hell on wheels. Guest have just hit every button. First guess breaks beach chairs But kind enough to replace chair with a cheap one , Won't last but least he replaced chair. Then next one breaks a leather chair he broke the back right off. Spent 2 days trying to find a replacement or some one to fix it. No one now a days fixes any thing. We are sadly a throw a way life. Two days of traveling 200 km . Trying to fix this .HE DID NOT EVEN SAY SORRY !one leather chair for garbage.
Yesterday we found a chair to replace it. But sadly it is not one that small women will be able to sit in and have her feet touch the floor. Which the old one worked for short people. But at least it is leather also and it also reclines.
The old one he actually broke the whole darn frame of the chair. I just could not believe he could of done such a wonderful job in breaking it. When this guest left us they took all the coffee and tea pods also grrrr.

OMG! Glad they are gone. Do you dare try and ask to pay for the damage???

Sorry you had such clods. I do hope they go back to staying at hotels. Hotels deserve people like that.

Sorry Flower! Flower - THANKS for thinking of us shorties! While I do wish sometimes to be 10 again, the feeling of dangling feet as I (try to) relax or eat is desired.

HUGS TO YOU FLOWER!.
Gee thanks all. I am just beaten down this year has been a big year for so bees. Early this morning we discovered 4 brand new movie CD are gone. Man oh man. Think this is an expensive year. Bad booking and low bookings.
Oh well two more months then we are off to for the big trip down to SC . so Iam hanging on to that fact. It will take us a month to get there. I have so longed to see it again. We are leaving Bc in Oct some time and travel across USA to the east then down south then across and who knows where after that. We have been saving for years to do a big trip and we are not getting any younger so now or never. I am holding on to that every time I have these people means more money to spend.

HUGS TO YOU FLOWER!.
Gee thanks all. I am just beaten down this year has been a big year for so bees. Early this morning we discovered 4 brand new movie CD are gone. Man oh man. Think this is an expensive year. Bad booking and low bookings.
Oh well two more months then we are off to for the big trip down to SC . so Iam hanging on to that fact. It will take us a month to get there. I have so longed to see it again. We are leaving Bc in Oct some time and travel across USA to the east then down south then across and who knows where after that. We have been saving for years to do a big trip and we are not getting any younger so now or never. I am holding on to that every time I have these people means more money to spend.
Schedule at least a night here as you head east. Go online and Book the Gillum as Flower. I will take care of the rest of it.

I am sorry you are having such a naff time - trouble is with the DVD's they are probably in a laptop somewhere grrr people just don't think! but all the costs add up especially the breakages.
I went mad this year as bought 2 new tub chairs for room 2 within 2 weeks one had a high heel put through it - neither DH or the chamber maid noticed or reported it to me so have no way of knowing who it was to charge them! was furious!

HUGS TO YOU FLOWER!.
What states are on your route?

HUGS TO YOU FLOWER!.
Flower said:
Sorry this is happening to you....
When you lend out a DVD, borrow something of theirs, like car keys. Here, we can make legal backup copies, but I'm not sure you can, there. So I would borrow something of theirs to ensure getting it back.

Sorry about that, I hate when that happens. It's unfortunate, but not much is made to last anymore. I wish it was. But to not even apologize? Shameful!
PS: We just got parents arrive with an 18 month old... we take children only over 7! Ugh!

HUGS TO YOU FLOWER!.
We are just in the look stage for now. But we are looking at Mt ,ND, SD, IA, WI, IL, MICH, OH, Pen, NY,?, Michigan sorry don't know abv. after NY going south through MD, VA, NC, SC, then hopefully west GE, AL, MS, LA, TX, NM, AZ. Then head home.
Would any of you know when is the tornado season? Want to miss that. We will travel with motor home and car in tow. So God willing and the creek don't rise we will be going on our dream tour. AND of course PAII conference in Charleston!!!!!! Big dreams see what happens.

HUGS TO YOU FLOWER!.
Flower said:
When you lend out a DVD, borrow something of theirs, like car keys. Here, we can make legal backup copies, but I'm not sure you can, there. So I would borrow something of theirs to ensure getting it back.
Good idea. But they all are in their suites. Both suites have about 36 movies to choose from .

HUGS TO YOU FLOWER!.
We are just in the look stage for now. But we are looking at Mt ,ND, SD, IA, WI, IL, MICH, OH, Pen, NY,?, Michigan sorry don't know abv. after NY going south through MD, VA, NC, SC, then hopefully west GE, AL, MS, LA, TX, NM, AZ. Then head home.
Would any of you know when is the tornado season? Want to miss that. We will travel with motor home and car in tow. So God willing and the creek don't rise we will be going on our dream tour. AND of course PAII conference in Charleston!!!!!! Big dreams see what happens.
You're traveling in Jan? PAII conference is usually Jan.

HUGS TO YOU FLOWER!.
Dang! All around me and you miss the best!

HUGS TO YOU FLOWER!.
Flower said:
We are just in the look stage for now. But we are looking at Mt ,ND, SD, IA, WI, IL, MICH, OH, Pen, NY,?, Michigan sorry don't know abv. after NY going south through MD, VA, NC, SC, then hopefully west GE, AL, MS, LA, TX, NM, AZ.
That describes a perfect circle around Arkansas and the rest of the heart of the country.
Tornados are so rare that should absolutely not be a consideration. In a country this big, to be in the exact spot, on the exact day one hits is like trying to pick the $500 million lottery number. You're MUCH more likely to have a snake bite you or have a bridge collapse under your motor home, but don't worry, that won't happen either!
I've lived her 50+ years and never known anybody who saw a tornado, or suffered a snake bite, or saw a bridge collapse! The news only reports the rare stories, not everyday life.

HUGS TO YOU FLOWER!.
Flower said:
Good idea. But they all are in their suites. Both suites have about 36 movies to choose from .
Maybe it's time to only put in some old movies and telling them to see you at the main house for newer titles, which are more likely to find a new home.

HUGS TO YOU FLOWER!.
Flower said:
Maybe it's time to only put in some old movies and telling them to see you at the main house for newer titles, which are more likely to find a new home.
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Not necessarily, we just found an empty case for Forrest Gump.
cry_smile.gif
Here if they want new releases they can go to red box which many do. Funny, I haven't had anyone leave a redbox rental behind!

HUGS TO YOU FLOWER!.
Flower said:
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Not necessarily, we just found an empty case for Forrest Gump.
cry_smile.gif
Here if they want new releases they can go to red box which many do. Funny, I haven't had anyone leave a redbox rental behind!
You know, maybe if you put a price tag on them that is higher than what a replacement will cost. With something like...
[h2]
Want to take it home?
$25 and this DVD is yours.
Take it and we'll bill you!
[/h2]

Back