Just something to think about

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I LOVE scented products......I don't have any problems (at least none that I know of) with any of them. We are not smokers or trying to cover anything up, I just love scents.
Morticia, I used to work at Yankee Candle for 8 hours a day, loved it! Amazon has unscented products as well as organics, but if you have a Whole Foods, etc. you can go to they have a whole line too (I know they have one in that big city close to you, but I can't remember how close they are).

As for the clothes .. I do wash most of my clothes when I buy them but guilty of not washing the dry clean only ones first and they are probably most affected. Will put everything into the freezer for 24 hours in hope to kill most bacteria on those clothes. But ... eeewwwww.
Heavy scented products such as people bathed in perfume is an instant headache for me. Soap isle is the same. We use chocolate scented soaps, and hoping to change to the vanilla or chocolate scented shampoo as well. I find naturally scented products are not so offensive. We buy our products from a place called Botanicas and it is suppose to be naturally made products. The soap is yummy smelling and we have had guests who "taste" it and say it tastes like soap. Yah think! Who would put chocolate in the bathrooms on the sink and in the shower???

Oh my....I had not heard of this!! AWFUL...China is going to be the ruination of our country in one way or another. And we keep sending our jobs to them..GRRR

We have guests who discuss the chinese drywall issue here a lot, most from FLA too. Terrible.

This is sort of like the Chinese drywall situation we have here in South Florida. I'm not sure if it's all over the country, but it's bad here. The Chinese drywall is toxic. During the building boom a few years ago, builders could not get American-made drywall fast enough. They just couldn't manufacture enough, fast enough, to meet the demand, so the suppliers turned to China and starting bring it into the port by the shiploads.
Now, it has found to be loaded with fecal matter and c-coli that when exposed to the heat and humidity of South Florida, it just festers. It destroys air conditioning units in about 2 months, it turns electric wires and outlets black in just a few weeks, has a strange smell, causes massive nose bleeds, sickness, etc. It all has to come out of over 30,000 new homes here and many new, empty, condo towers. They're just not sure what to do with this - it's bigger than anything in terms of trying to fix it. It all came back to the water used to make the drywall in China.
Most people don't have the money to strip the homes and start over, and the insurance companies are fighting this as being a valid claim. Homeowners are stuck. They really need to be gutted right down to the studs, and where those are wood, they have to be tested for infection, now. I'm so happy I don't have this to contend with. Everything in my place is teak.
I, too, wash everything first.

This is sort of like the Chinese drywall situation we have here in South Florida. I'm not sure if it's all over the country, but it's bad here. The Chinese drywall is toxic. During the building boom a few years ago, builders could not get American-made drywall fast enough. They just couldn't manufacture enough, fast enough, to meet the demand, so the suppliers turned to China and starting bring it into the port by the shiploads.
Now, it has found to be loaded with fecal matter and c-coli that when exposed to the heat and humidity of South Florida, it just festers. It destroys air conditioning units in about 2 months, it turns electric wires and outlets black in just a few weeks, has a strange smell, causes massive nose bleeds, sickness, etc. It all has to come out of over 30,000 new homes here and many new, empty, condo towers. They're just not sure what to do with this - it's bigger than anything in terms of trying to fix it. It all came back to the water used to make the drywall in China.
Most people don't have the money to strip the homes and start over, and the insurance companies are fighting this as being a valid claim. Homeowners are stuck. They really need to be gutted right down to the studs, and where those are wood, they have to be tested for infection, now. I'm so happy I don't have this to contend with. Everything in my place is teak.
I, too, wash everything first..
This is happening all over the gulf coast where there was frantic building due to Katrina, Rita damage. Same situation as homeowners were short changed (if paid at all) after the storm and were using their savings and taking out loans to rebuild as it were, now this and insurance companies are fighting this as much as they did the huricane damage. (warning to all - insurance companies that may seem good when they pay for individual claims turn into monsters when there is a disaster).
We see at least one new story a week about this: new neighborhoods becoming ghosttowns because people can't live in their new homes.
Yes this drywall corrodes pipes and electrical tubing, eliminates dangerious odors causing respiratory problems as well as coli.
But who is to blame?,,,where do they turn? and how do they fight to make things right again?

We have guests who discuss the chinese drywall issue here a lot, most from FLA too. Terrible..
Speaking of drywall...We now have 4 gaping holes in our ceiling and walls...after 15 years..a pipe with a defective T fitting decided to start leaking. Thankfully it didn't damage anything..it went through the pipe chase onto the basement floor..but hubby had to cut all these holes in order to find the leak and now fix it!! I love having my own 'in house' handyman
heart.gif

Oh my....I had not heard of this!! AWFUL...China is going to be the ruination of our country in one way or another. And we keep sending our jobs to them..GRRR.
China is going to be the ruination of our country in one way or another. And we keep sending our jobs to them..GRRR
OUCH! I bit my tongue!!!

I was in the fashion industry prior to innkeeping. You just don't want to know ... anyway....ALWAYS wash any item prior to wearing it. I knew a tailor who was working with bolts of imported fabric and was bitten by a variety of venimous Asian spider that was hidden in the bolt. This species was virtually unknown here in the US. That poor man wasted away in a hospital bed for WEEKS before they figured out what it was....horrible situation and just financially decimated that family.

I was in the fashion industry prior to innkeeping. You just don't want to know ... anyway....ALWAYS wash any item prior to wearing it. I knew a tailor who was working with bolts of imported fabric and was bitten by a variety of venimous Asian spider that was hidden in the bolt. This species was virtually unknown here in the US. That poor man wasted away in a hospital bed for WEEKS before they figured out what it was....horrible situation and just financially decimated that family..
Luckily, she was never bitten, but my grandmother worked at a banana processing facility in NY. Bananas right off the boats were full of spiders, bugs and snakes. She said they kept a machete nearby and had one of the guys go after the really big snakes that came in. This was a loooong time ago but I remember her retelling that story. Brrr!

The dial replica watches design is replica watches obviously Glashütte Original, as one might expect from the watch makers replica handbags of some of replica handbags the most immediately distinctive dials in the business, however ugg boots the finish ugg boots quality is clearly polished over their other chronographs in the Senator collection. This platinum replica watches version is replica watches expensive however, operating the pushers; one almost forgets how expensive ugg boots it is since ugg boots the sweet smoothness of the button action. The chronograph pusher action, as far replica watches as I'm replica watches concerned, I think it is one of the best creations there is in the industry.While I quite appreciate the replica watches movement and replica watches its operation, I don't like the dial as a whole.

Back