Just squeeze the Charmin!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
Just squeeze the Charmin!
Magazine says consumers can save $130 per year by switching toilet paper
--Chicago Sun-Times

Note from JBJ - YES! I only buy White Cloud TP. When we go to stuffmart I send the kids to grab the double roll white cloud they know without even asking since we buy so much for this B&B. On a couple ocassions I shopped elsewhere like when I bought the Cottonelle "Exploding TP"

from me to you on this topic I personally find charmin TOO thick. Maybe I am like goldilocks - scott is too thin, charmin is too thick, white cloud is jusssssssst right.
teeth_smile.gif

from me to you on this topic I personally find charmin TOO thick. Maybe I am like goldilocks - scott is too thin, charmin is too thick, white cloud is jusssssssst right.
teeth_smile.gif
I've always bought Scott for my house (I'm cheap. Heck I'm cheaper than that, I bought the store brand!). We used to buy something at BJ's that they don't stock anymore that was pretty decent. Executive's Choice, or some such.
The article said you may use more than expected of the Scott because it's so thin. We discussed this yesterday because hubs's theory is that guests aren't here long enough to change their habits. So, if they are used to, at home, unrolling 3' of TP, they will do the same here regardless. If they are used to unrolling just a short amount, they might change if the TP is too thin here.
I know we have stayed with family who go thru a roll a day. And I've seen that here as well. It's something noticeable if the guests are here for a couple of days. The empty roller is in the trash every morning. And we have plenty of boxes of tissues in the bathroom and bedroom.
We have had one comment in 4 years about TP. A proctologist who said the TP was excellent (that was the old stuff from BJ's). I figure he should know so we kept buying that until they stopped selling it. Maybe Kirkland is the same thing, tho, we should check next time we make a BJ's run.

Scott has a thicker variety now I have noticed. maybe double ply instead of single? Let me put it this way - when I visit my folks I bring my own roll with me, I can't handle scott.

I'm Charmin all the way! I absolutely hate Scott! I made the mistake of buying like a 48 roll package and we almost threw a party when we finally used the last of it. Whenever I put anything else in the bathroom it seems to go fast but Charmin will last a long time, and it's so soft, (((I
heart.gif
Charmin!))) (that's me squeezing the Charmin!
teeth_smile.gif
)

We use to buy the store brand at Sams but I found they kept reducing the roll size instead of raising the price - rolls kept getting narrower, not less in # of squares. A method that fooled many I think. Then I started trying other brands but now a Northern buyer. I remember testing a brand that was really thick and found (just like Bree's DH's theory) if people are use to pulling X amount, they will do so no matter how thick they find the paper to be. I am sure a lot of extra was flushed away and after a few quick rolls, the remaining was placed in our bathroom and I went on to another brand.

I am not sure that we have White Cloud here in the stores. I buy the Northern. I really like the Mega rolls because it seems to last longer than the double rolls. The thickness is perfect. I do NOT like that super thick stuff personally, whatever brand it is.

Back