"Just throw it on the bed."

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
3 rooms just checking in, traveling together. It is raining here, there are a lot of leaves all over the driveway. Guest wheels wet suitcases in and his wife says, 'Here throw that suitcase on the extra bed.' To which I immediately counteract, 'Here is the luggage rack.' (All 4 feet of solid oak of it.) Brand new quilts, mostly white and that's the perfect place to put a wet, dirty suitcase?
Not to mention, one member of the party made all the reservations. She kept saying she had the room downstairs. Well, no she didn't. We said it was ok to change rooms with her friends, she didn't have to keep the room she booked, just talk to them. Now she's unhappy that the room she booked isn't the room she wanted. SHE made the reservations, SHE got all the confirms. All the confirms say which room and describe the room in case you forgot what you booked.
They came here on the recommendation of friends who stay here often. We've never heard of them. They're not in the rez db.
At least they liked the sound of the breakfast.

pita.gif

I have had 2 quilt racks damaged from use as a luggage rack even though blankets are on them and the real luggage racks are right there.
Of course nothing said either time. I just found the blanket draped over the damaged area.

oh dear ... wow them at breakfast!.
I'm batting zero so far...told them there is a farmer's market (not open on Saturday, I thought it was), told them to go to a lobster shack for dinner (it's pouring rain and most of the seating is outside, NOT under cover), sent them to the fair (in place of the farmer's market) no report on that.

bree - quick -- SNACKS in your common area -- popcorn -- do you have any?? it is pouring here, as it is there - hurricane coming? i have put in the guest library ... a blueberry pie and brownies and the microwave popcorn is lined up (not very healthy but any port in a storm and this is a storm!) i dumped puzzle pieces out on the little table in the corner as a suggestion. the fireplace is going.
one restaurant in the village is packed (all eight tables) the outside seating is a washout of course. the other restaurant in the village is packed. that's it for places to go around here tonight.

Had check-ins yesterday I thought would ruin a perfectly good weekend. - When he booked he had several things the room must have. Then he mentioned about the (outdoor) smoking area. I told him where it was which he griped about as he was 'sure he would smell it' in his room. Booked anyway.
Called day before arrival to make sure his room had a tub. Yes again. Personally I think he wanted out of the deal but his DW most likely was pushing for the place.
They arrived, her happy as a lark, him gruff. Showing them to the room, we went out on the balcony...'ok this must be the smoking parlor, I know that smoke will be all in our room' I reply we really get very few smokers and as of now, no smokers this weekend. Then he said 'Oh yeah, famous last words, I am sure that there will be a cigar smoker that parks himself right outside my door....' His DW was trying to calm him down. I had made the only statement I was going to make on this issue as I figured it would work out OK in the end.
As we entered the vestibule where his room was off of, he looked at the 2 doors - Does this other door lead to another guest room? (yes) Well they better be quiet. His DW again making light of it. Then the last one - well are there towels? (there for a brief moment I questioned myself if I had replenished the supply) Gee wiz I thought this will be a long weekend.
This morning he was happy as a lark, loved breakfast, bed made him sleep like a baby and all was right with the world. He even asked his 'neighbor' if he had been too loud in his room. Now I just hope this attitude continues! (I am sure the wife does too!)

bree - quick -- SNACKS in your common area -- popcorn -- do you have any?? it is pouring here, as it is there - hurricane coming? i have put in the guest library ... a blueberry pie and brownies and the microwave popcorn is lined up (not very healthy but any port in a storm and this is a storm!) i dumped puzzle pieces out on the little table in the corner as a suggestion. the fireplace is going.
one restaurant in the village is packed (all eight tables) the outside seating is a washout of course. the other restaurant in the village is packed. that's it for places to go around here tonight..
They're not here. They went out 3 hours ago and aren't back yet. There are cookies out, the lights are on, everything is set up for anyone to relax in the living room. I am full tonight and there is not a single car in the parking lot! I would hazard a guess everyone is either bellied up to a bar someplace or out shopping.

one restaurant in the village is packed (all eight tables) the outside seating is a washout of course. the other restaurant in the village is packed. that's it for places to go around here tonight..
They're not here. They went out 3 hours ago and aren't back yet. There are cookies out, the lights are on, everything is set up for anyone to relax in the living room. I am full tonight and there is not a single car in the parking lot! I would hazard a guess everyone is either bellied up to a bar someplace or out shopping.
Never mind, they brought the bar back with them...

The rest of the story...they left sorta happy. Then called as they had left something behind. Guest was ADAMANT it was here, all but accused us of stealing it from her. We went back thru the room while on the phone with her, 'Could it be here?' 'NO! It's on the bed.' Well, the bed is long ago made and nothing was on it. She hung up.
5 minutes later the phone rings and it's her friend. She had the missing item all along. Too embarassed to call us herself.
Hubs said the rest of the party thanked him profusely this morning saying they had a lovely time and thanking us for all the 'amenities' like glasses and ice and letting them hang out on the porch.

Back