Just what I need on a Monday...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
They're here! The best guests possibly of all time.
You know I mentioned our teens had hiked the Appalachian Trail for a week, slept on the ground (not in tents) over roots and rocks, bit by centipedes, saw copperheads, a bear, rock climbed and rappelled 100 feet, spelunked, ate oatmeal for breakfast, PBJ&Tuna for lunch, in the heat, with the bugs, hauling 55 pound rucksacks on their backs, they are blistered up, bruised up, scraped up...came home and ate a fresh peach and were in heaven, had a shower (another thing they missed), slept in their soft beds... They loved every minute of the hiking adventure, but home is it, they were so grateful for home.
These guests from FLA have spent weeks camping - tent camping - I would guess they are in their mid to late 60's!
So as you can imagine...they walk into the a/c and this B&B and are in heaven. The warm brownies are on the table, the cold drinks, their room with its soft linens and big bathroom. They are going gah gah over it.
I love these guests.
We all need to camp out for a week or so and come home and be ever so thankful...no place like home!

I can relate...we had regulars who camped several days up in the park...to appease the husband...and then spent the rest of the week with us. The smiles are their faces at breakfast the next day.....were priceless.

I told the first couple,"Oddly enough the other room in tonight is also from FLA." They did the usual "It's a big state" and I said never say never...six degrees and all that.
Well what's the chance, both couple have been camping! Both rooms! SCORE! :)

LOL.. just got a couple from Germany - they were pulling mattresses out of the rental-car. seems the memory foam matress did go over well.

Maybe we should all make guest spend the first night sleeping in the yard so they'll appreciate our offerings a little more.

Back