Just What We Do NOT Need....

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
For the last 45 minutes we have had WIND, not breeze, WIND, lightening, thunder, and gully-washer rain. We need an all-night gentle rain, not a gully-washer. The water was rushing down my street almost at the top of the curb. We have a drain at the top of our corner and another at the end of my block. Both were taking water but could not contain it all.
The big thing is the rain did NOT come in - at least so far........

We got the same, and I'm NOT complaining! First water from the sky here in 4 weeks! I'll take what I can get!

No, don't guess you needed that! We got a hard rain, but what hit the ground stayed there. Soaked it up like a sponge. We did, however, have flooding in the streets, which aren't so sponge-like. I'm still not complaining!
Of course, August and September yet to endure. I'm wondering how long these old oak and hickory trees could go without a drink.

our trouble here is we have just had so much rain - ie sheer volume the ground can't take it any more its that simple. all the crops of things that grow underground ie new potatoes have just rotted.

Everyone knows by now that I AM an IDJIT! Just proved it. This weekend is the all school reunion for the old Shinnston High School (consolidated in 1978) and the members of the Shinnston Community Band were as numerous (or moreso) than the SHS Alumni Band (an offshoot of the Alumni Band in 1996). We MARCHED about 10 blocks and played too many times IN THE RAIN! I am exhausted. The husband of one of my friends who was a banner carrier said instead of someone following us with water, they should have followed with oxygen! It was fun though. Now I have to hope my sax (pads) dries out by tomorrow concert time!

I know some of you are being hit by drought and heat, much the way we were hammered last summer. Our hearts go out to you...the same for our innmates that are being hit by the other extreme.

I know some of you are being hit by drought and heat, much the way we were hammered last summer. Our hearts go out to you...the same for our innmates that are being hit by the other extreme..
Every 4 years the old high school alums do a reunion - this weekend is it. last night it rained on the parade - but the parade went ON! Today is the concert followed by events the rest of the day. Sky is gloomy. The concert is at the VFD - the band will be where the fire trucks usually are (I can see them on the street already) so we will be dry regardless. I will go over in about an hour to help unload our band truck and set up chairs, stands, timpani, etc.
At least it is not stiffling hot as it was after the storm at the beginning of the month.

We don't dare water our flowers...for fear that the well will go dry. Fortunately, most of the perennials are well established and can take a few weeks without water. But we are on the edge of losing a few....keeping our fingers crossed for a couple of days of rain.

Back