Just wondering BnBtraveler...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
You aren't going to open every single thread and comment on them are you? I mean, we have a ton of old threads here...you might find some frustrations come to the surface if you do. You will be bringing up thread after thread that most of us have already read, yonks ago.
Just letting you know...

oh, I guess I will not comment on many threads since you have explained the proper etiquette to me.
sorry if I have caused any trouble so far.
maybe it would be better if I went to another innkeeping site that is more for aspiring innkeepers?

I've learned so much from this forum and have avoided MANY mistakes. Read everything you can find, and then just ask questions. For some of us, revisiting a topic is a good idea. You'll get quick push back if most do not think so. We're in our 4th year (can't believe it sometimes) and I rarely go a week without checking in here.

I've learned so much from this forum and have avoided MANY mistakes. Read everything you can find, and then just ask questions. For some of us, revisiting a topic is a good idea. You'll get quick push back if most do not think so. We're in our 4th year (can't believe it sometimes) and I rarely go a week without checking in here..
thank you, Skamokawa.
I have seen some "push back" today on some topics!

oh, I guess I will not comment on many threads since you have explained the proper etiquette to me.
maybe it would be better if I went to another innkeeping site that is more for aspiring innkeepers?.
You are welcome to be here. Read, read, and read some more. Learn who says things how so you do not interpret incorrectly. Often things will be tongue-in-cheek. Feel free to ask questions. Just do not feel you MUST respond to every thread - we don't.
Edited to add: If you plan to be an innkeeper, you (the general, not personal) must develope a hide like a rhino because guests will not worry about what they say or how they say it.

We all have thick hides and are happy to share info with you. But on the other side we get a lot of spammers and undercovers pretending to be aspirings till they try and sell us junk so we tend to be a bit cautious to start with and sometimes that comes across as hostile.

maybe it would be better if I went to another innkeeping site that is more for aspiring innkeepers?.
You are welcome to be here. Read, read, and read some more. Learn who says things how so you do not interpret incorrectly. Often things will be tongue-in-cheek. Feel free to ask questions. Just do not feel you MUST respond to every thread - we don't.
Edited to add: If you plan to be an innkeeper, you (the general, not personal) must develope a hide like a rhino because guests will not worry about what they say or how they say it.
[/quote]
unrelated, but AHMEN to the above..

Back