Just...WOW.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Draper

Reaction score
Friday the 13th continues. This weekend we have 5 of 9 rooms booked by a twice/year guest who is kind of a big deal in his circle. The guest has always been a bit high maintenance for my taste but genuinely complimentary of our place and influential in his circle so we are grateful for referrals he sends us. We did not do a group booking for him, we told him to have each of his guests make their own reservation which they did...as of right now 1 of the 5 is checked in and 2 others have called. The organizer, who is WELL aware of our 6 pm check-in deadline, is not here and has not called.
A few weeks ago he asked if it was ok for him to have his whole group here (total of 18 people, some of them are not staying with us) for wine and cheese. Sure, no problem. Would you not think that wine and cheese would be a pre-dinner kind of thing? We found out from the only person who DID manage to check in on time that this is scheduled for 8 pm!!!! We have been in bed I kid you knot at 7 pm every night this week. Does it make any sense in the world for wine and cheese to be served at 8 pm?
So now I have to sit here, not eat my dinner, and WAIT for these inconsiderate ASSES. I never worried about the rest of the guests staying here because I never dreamed this soiree would be during our QUIET HOURS! I am spitting mad.

I would think wine & cheese would be 6 ish so they could get out to dinner. I guess I would be wrong.
I'd also be peeved they hadn't showed up yet, but then I would think about that video and wonder if there was a horrendous accident somewhere and they are sitting in traffic backed up for miles with a dead cellphone. All of them. Together. On a school bus with no lav and no A/C.

I would think wine & cheese would be 6 ish so they could get out to dinner. I guess I would be wrong.
I'd also be peeved they hadn't showed up yet, but then I would think about that video and wonder if there was a horrendous accident somewhere and they are sitting in traffic backed up for miles with a dead cellphone. All of them. Together. On a school bus with no lav and no A/C..
I tried, I really tried...but this whole crew is from NJ so allowances only go so far. I called the leader and oh, yeah...he'll be here at 7:30. Well that would have been nice to know, so I could schedule when I would get to eat MY dinner. He was told there are other guests in the house. Oh, we'll be quiet. RIGHT.

Back