Kangaroo Weblogs. DUH!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arks

Reaction score
I'm so dense. Only took 2 years to figure out. Married to an Australian. Joey. Duh.
(Yes, I'm drinking Scotch again.)
I used to frequent a board where one member was named Hugh Mann. Again, took 2 years to realize "human" wasn't his real name.
And yes, Joey, I know your real name. I remember your great TV interview!

Don't feel badly. I cannot figure out who is who most of the time. My bulb does not burn brightly.

Uh actually that is not it. But a good one. Someone else emailed me who watched a series and said a character on it was named Joey Bloggs (which was actually a joke by the director) the series is called Firefly. The name has nothing to do with blogging, in fact was pre blog existence.

Uh actually that is not it. But a good one. Someone else emailed me who watched a series and said a character on it was named Joey Bloggs (which was actually a joke by the director) the series is called Firefly. The name has nothing to do with blogging, in fact was pre blog existence..
OK, I might have figured that one out next time I found a bottle of Scotch. I was a big Firefly fan but didn't pay attention to the names.

Uh actually that is not it. But a good one. Someone else emailed me who watched a series and said a character on it was named Joey Bloggs (which was actually a joke by the director) the series is called Firefly. The name has nothing to do with blogging, in fact was pre blog existence..
OK, I might have figured that one out next time I found a bottle of Scotch. I was a big Firefly fan but didn't pay attention to the names.
Arkansawyer said:
Uh oh, AR, I was the one who emailed JB. BIG Firefly fans here..we just finished our annual/semiannual viewing of the seires (waiting for the weekend to watch the movie...). The names are soooo important, oh, well, at least a lot of fun. I felt pretty silly (but very amused) when JB explained what Joey Bloggs means/is (that's the person Mal claimed had a job for him & Zoe when they were posing as newlyweds in the train heist for Niska). I just recently looked up the name Jubal Early (the bounty hunter character from the epi Objects in Space). Buncha clever people working on that series.
Okay, sorry for the hijack. Firefly is a weakness </geek>

Arkansawyer said:
Uh oh, AR, I was the one who emailed JB. BIG Firefly fans here..we just finished our annual/semiannual viewing of the seires (waiting for the weekend to watch the movie...). The names are soooo important, oh, well, at least a lot of fun. I felt pretty silly (but very amused) when JB explained what Joey Bloggs means/is (that's the person Mal claimed had a job for him & Zoe when they were posing as newlyweds in the train heist for Niska). I just recently looked up the name Jubal Early (the bounty hunter character from the epi Objects in Space). Buncha clever people working on that series.
RHJ you didn't tell me about Jubal! I have the firefly series and movie waiting in my netflix queue for the time to watch it. :) Jubal Early is from RIGHT HERE, this town. He was General Robert E Lee's right hand man. We had no battles in this county, but we had a major player in the Civil War from here. His law office is two blocks from here, and the owner will provide personal tours - as of yet I have had no guests take that offer up! True CW buffs would give their right legs to do this.

Arkansawyer said:
RHJ you didn't tell me about Jubal! I have the firefly series and movie waiting in my netflix queue for the time to watch it. :) Jubal Early is from RIGHT HERE, this town. He was General Robert E Lee's right hand man. We had no battles in this county, but we had a major player in the Civil War from here. His law office is two blocks from here, and the owner will provide personal tours - as of yet I have had no guests take that offer up! True CW buffs would give their right legs to do this.
And Stomewall Jackson was born 10 miles from where I am. His boyhood home (grandparents farm and gristmill) is about 35 miles south and is a State facility now - used for conferences, workshops, and a Labor Day Festival.

Col. William Colvill of the union army lived in Cannon Falls and was buried here. He spent his last years in a neighboring town but was buried here at the request of his sister. Not many years ago the other town petitioned to get his grave moved to their city. Truth is stranger then fiction. hahaha
He is considered to be a true hero of the civil war and has a great wikipedia.

Arkansawyer said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Jubal Early is from RIGHT HERE, this town.
Same here, technically, as we have a guy named Jubal Early here. The south will NEVER let the civil war go. Sad situation when the main thing some people cling to was a losing proposition. Hope that can't be said for my accommodation efforts a few years down the line!!

Back