Kayak.com pulls reviews from...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Just got a google alert with our B&B name in it and it was Kayak.com.
As the owner/manager you can update all the info and add photos on Kayak.com just in case you didn't know. It showed we had 20 reviews and I looked and they were pulling from multiple sources, like BandB.com, travelpost, citysearch, etc.
So just a reminder that reviews elsewhere are being utilized on other directories, online listings.

And Kayak.com is where my 24 year old daughter goes for all her travel inquiries - so if you want the younger business...

I noticed the street view for us had the wrong address (it shows an address, so that was an obv error as it didn't match ours.) Who does these street views for google, I mean someone is physically standing there panning, just curious?
You can report the address is wrong to google. I hope they can fix it and send out another gnome to record directly in front of our place instead of us the street. LOL!

And both Kayak and Sidestep have website links, from which I see hits.
Edited to add: I believe this is one of the sites that partners with bb.com, expedia, hotel.com and the like for online reservations.

I noticed the street view for us had the wrong address (it shows an address, so that was an obv error as it didn't match ours.) Who does these street views for google, I mean someone is physically standing there panning, just curious?
You can report the address is wrong to google. I hope they can fix it and send out another gnome to record directly in front of our place instead of us the street. LOL!.
Goofy story...we were 'walking' up our street using Google street view, just to see how the inn looks (awful) and we realized that the car in the other lane never moved. Eventually we figured out that the street view was filmed from a car headed south on our street.
It was done about 3 years ago. Not sure what would trigger a reshoot. But I think getting the correct address in place will 'move' the street view so it shows your building.

You can report the address is wrong to google. I hope they can fix it and send out another gnome to record directly in front of our place instead of us the street. LOL!.
Google employees (contractors?) drive around in small unmarked cars with an odd looking object on the top of the car. The object contains a camera and the gps device that records continuously saving images and the gps location of the image.
The have also equipped some trikes with the devices so that they can record places cars can't go... like piers, parks and markets.

Captured on Google's Street View: Moment man collapses on New ...‎ - [COLOR= rgb(103, 103, 103)]22 hours ago[/COLOR]
By Anny Shaw Google Street View's roaming cars with cameras strapped to their roofs have become known for snapping unsuspecting people leaving shops, ...
[COLOR= rgb(119, 119, 204)]Daily Mail - 17 related articles »[/COLOR]
Pompeii added to Google Street View‎ - [COLOR= rgb(119, 119, 204)]Telegraph.co.uk - 85 related articles »[/COLOR]

Sask. musician promoted via Google Street View‎ - [COLOR= rgb(119, 119, 204)]CBC.ca - 5 related articles » interesting as he followed the google car...[/COLOR]

here is a funny google street view video - sound on for this:
http://www.gstreetsightings.com/.
Joey Bloggs said:
here is a funny google street view video - sound on for this:
http://www.gstreetsightings.com/
This is so funny!
whattha.gif

www.bing.com also has maps but there's use satelite as you can view 360 degrees around an address.
What I have noticed with Google address's is that they (at least most of the time) point to (or near) the property line leaving more questions as to which building the address belongs to.

Back