Keep It Or Rip It Out?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way too weird....get the knife and ....cut it out.
omg_smile.gif
It wouldn't bother me but I know plenty of folks who would pack up and leave if they read this in a strange place.

omg_smile.gif
It wouldn't bother me but I know plenty of folks who would pack up and leave if they read this in a strange place..
We had guests ask for a different room after they read a joking comment about a ghost in the room. Had they asked in the morning, right away, it wouldn't have been so much of a big deal but they asked late in the day after all the cleaning had been done and walk-ins wanting a bigger room had been turned away. It was annoying to say the least.
Joking comment gone the next day. What's the sense in losing business over a joke?

omg_smile.gif
It wouldn't bother me but I know plenty of folks who would pack up and leave if they read this in a strange place..
We had guests ask for a different room after they read a joking comment about a ghost in the room. Had they asked in the morning, right away, it wouldn't have been so much of a big deal but they asked late in the day after all the cleaning had been done and walk-ins wanting a bigger room had been turned away. It was annoying to say the least.
Joking comment gone the next day. What's the sense in losing business over a joke?
It is always good to keep in mind that lots of guests do not see humor in any comment that has anything to do with their accommodations. In fact, people are swayed by everything they read, both good and bad. So the more good things they read the more likely they are be positive about their experiences and the more negatives comments they read or hear, the more pessimistic they tend to be. It's no different in any business.
Case in point.....the current political climate. Enough said.
embaressed_smile.gif

Thanks for your input. I wanted to rip it out and DH wanted to leave it in. I'm going to rip it out. Too weird, don't want to put any ideas into guests heads and since we're located in a rural area, some city slickers are a little unnerved anyway with the isolation and quiet, so out it goes!
Unfortunately, the guy started on a page where guests wrote some lovely sentiments. I may just rewrite their entry myself on a clean page..
Usually I'd be with DH, but over the years I have found humor and irony generally lacking, and this one is too weird for most people. Like it or not, the lowest common denominator for guests is a very literal-minded person. Have to dial it way back.

Back