Keep It Or Rip It Out?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breakfast Diva

Reaction score
An older couple just checked out. They stayed on a gift certificate, were very happy and left a $20 tip. As we always do, we went to the room journal to see if they wrote anything.
Here's what they wrote....my question is, should I leave it or rip it out? We get some very religious/spiritual guests and also a lot of younger/sheltered ones.
(Sometime after Sept 9, 2012) - About 2:30-3am I was woke up by a dramatic thunder and lightening storm. During one of the flashes I saw a man standing on our patio. He was about 23-30 years old, 6' tall and dressed all in black. He was looking back at me with a slight but erie smile. He was holding an axe with both hands at chest level. I was concerned but on the next flash of lightening he was gone. In the morning I went out to the patio and on top of the patio table was the bloddy head of a freshly killed cow. Further out in the yard, near the hammock, I found a bloody axe. For breakfast we had a unique meal of scrambled brains, liver , heart and tongue. Somehow it all fit! Farewell and sleep tight!
Aaron
(for safety)

RIP it out. That would freak the hell out of me if I read it in the journal.

NO WAY! I just got goose bumps reading that HERE ON THE FORUM!
I would want to change rooms if I read that, so that is my vote.

But hey it is a story worth sharing. Another story. For all the pita batons, we need a "odd guest story" baton too!

A couple of options...tear it out, it is too weird.
If you could figure out a way to make it funny by adding something of your own, that might work.
Naw. It's too weird. Take it out.

I would leave it in!
and i would put a comment underneath ( in a dark, colored pen) about how creative the previous guestwriters were .... with a ps that we never serve brains, liver, heart or tongue!
embaressed_smile.gif

see, when you put a book in a room for guests to write in ... you never know what they are going to say.

Thanks for your input. I wanted to rip it out and DH wanted to leave it in. I'm going to rip it out. Too weird, don't want to put any ideas into guests heads and since we're located in a rural area, some city slickers are a little unnerved anyway with the isolation and quiet, so out it goes!
Unfortunately, the guy started on a page where guests wrote some lovely sentiments. I may just rewrite their entry myself on a clean page.

Thanks for your input. I wanted to rip it out and DH wanted to leave it in. I'm going to rip it out. Too weird, don't want to put any ideas into guests heads and since we're located in a rural area, some city slickers are a little unnerved anyway with the isolation and quiet, so out it goes!
Unfortunately, the guy started on a page where guests wrote some lovely sentiments. I may just rewrite their entry myself on a clean page..
Breakfast Diva said:
Unfortunately, the guy started on a page where guests wrote some lovely sentiments. I may just rewrite their entry myself on a clean page.
Why go to all that trouble, just put a big BLOOD SPLAT on the page...
(Sorry but ya know in rural areas there is an issue with "the occult" out in the woods...I went with the sheriff's dept in San Diego County once...I won't go into details. But that is the first thing I thought of when I read that!)

Glad you're getting rid of it. It belongs in a library, not in a guest room where a lot of people just won't get it. Not sure I get it.
Also, that room now needs an exorcism. ;-)

Now if only that were dated Oct. 31, then it would be fine to leave it in.... a good laugh.

oh, too bad ... i think it's pretty neat. creepy, weird, yes ... but that is me!
since you're going to take it out, why not copy the page (front and back?) and then edit out ... scan it or whatever ... white out that section ... and then put the comments that you like back in the book.
good reason to have a loose leaf binder.
i would save the original ... give it to the one who wants to keep it.

It's just too weird. I think most guests would be freaked out or something. Whether it was tongue in cheek or not, it's just too odd for other folks to find. Take it out!

Back