Keep on Bloggin', have fun with it!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Here is the article on the contest I won. Thank you so much for your votes...if you never try you can never win, you will never know!
I took the prize! I won I won![/h3]
Keep on bloggin' everyone, it is just something to get look beyond the bedmaking, the muffin baking and the day to days of running an inn. Keep a camera handy to take weird photos of anything and everything, you never know when you can use them...like in this contest.

Well deserved. Great photo and wish somebody would cook me the recipe so I could pass judgement on that too! Congratulations!
Yes, the blogging is so good on so many levels. Organizing thoughts, spreading the word, SEO, therapy. It's so much more than just a web log.

Here is an excellent article from Social Media Examiner. As always, I hate I have to say this, but of course, this is not about the hospitality industry. Unless an article is written by one of our own, which they rarely are, you will just have to glean the good stuff from this article and others we post. There is some good stuff in this article!
[COLOR= rgb(68, 68, 68)]7 Reasons to Rethink Your Blogging Strategy: New Research | Social Media Examiner[/COLOR]http://t.co/RVYBZaZz

Having fun indeed: sat down tonight and turned out blog posts scheduled to appear almost every day between now and December 30. I figured I'd run out of things to say by now, but no.
Question: do you bloggers ever re-run old posts? I mean, good ones are bound to eventually disappear off the radar as new posts keep piling up day-by-day, burying the older ones. But surely some are good enough, or important enough, to occasionally repeat...like things to do in your area.

Having fun indeed: sat down tonight and turned out blog posts scheduled to appear almost every day between now and December 30. I figured I'd run out of things to say by now, but no.
Question: do you bloggers ever re-run old posts? I mean, good ones are bound to eventually disappear off the radar as new posts keep piling up day-by-day, burying the older ones. But surely some are good enough, or important enough, to occasionally repeat...like things to do in your area..
I've found a few duplicates when searching for something I sort of remember writing about! Here's how I keep the 'good stuff' from disappearing- Create a category (Things to Do, Places to Go, that sort of thing) and add your posts to the list with a link back to the post.
My blog has a collection of things to do, recipes, upcoming events, posts that were just important to me, links to other innkeepers' blogs and links to local people I like to support. All of this is in a very long column down the side of the blog. The posts themselves are front and center.

Question: do you bloggers ever re-run old posts? I mean, good ones are bound to eventually disappear off the radar as new posts keep piling up day-by-day, burying the older ones. But surely some are good enough, or important enough, to occasionally repeat...like things to do in your area..
Like you've done with your gallery photo links. Create some categories and put the links there to the stuff you don't want to disappear.

Like you've done with your gallery photo links. Create some categories and put the links there to the stuff you don't want to disappear.
Madeleine said:
Create some categories and put the links there to the stuff you don't want to disappear.
Great! Thanks!

I've found a few duplicates when searching for something I sort of remember writing about! Here's how I keep the 'good stuff' from disappearing- Create a category (Things to Do, Places to Go, that sort of thing) and add your posts to the list with a link back to the post.
My blog has a collection of things to do, recipes, upcoming events, posts that were just important to me, links to other innkeepers' blogs and links to local people I like to support. All of this is in a very long column down the side of the blog. The posts themselves are front and center.
Plus Ive seen a chart somewhere think it is the BandB coach's site that does a marketing plan and a blogging plan so you remember what you have done and put down ideas for things to do so you don't forget. Ive got a box now where I put anything that would make a good article ie the new film Wuthering Heights is both filmed locally but they found the young cathy and young heathcliffe by driving round Yorkshire and basically grabbing people off the street! so I cut out the article and pop it in my blog box to write and article about it. Or I write the bones of the idea on a scrap of paper and into the box!

Arkansawyer said:
Question: do you bloggers ever re-run old posts? I mean, good ones are bound to eventually disappear off the radar as new posts keep piling up day-by-day, burying the older ones. But surely some are good enough, or important enough, to occasionally repeat...like things to do in your area.
An event might roll around again next year so I go and grab the info and make a new blog, early on we were warned to not just change the date and share the same article (maybe a new photo). Which is why I suggest taking photos at an event, you never know when you may need them. I can't stand posts about an event that has already ocurred, no one wants to read that stuff. Easy enough to cut n paste the first article with the new dates and info on it.
If you are writing, say, a restaurant review article, make it part 1 and then in the article when you write part 2 link to part 1. But in those articles IF You post hours of operation and location best to put a disclaimer on it. I had this couple from England lash out at me because a restaurant was not open on Sunday nights here, I told them it says in the room restaurant list "Closed Sundays" they said well on your website... I looked, and it was the blog article and it was 4 years old!!!

Back