keeping motivated

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey Camb

Reaction score
Im having a weird day today just can't settle to anything im sure we have all had one. I have plenty of things to do and shouldn't put off but here I am fannying about.
So any tips for maintaining or regaining motivation?think I may walk to the post box and back see if that helps or is that just more procrastination.?

Make a list of what needs to get done, and prioritize it. Then go relax and take some time off...your list will be waiting for you tomorrow and you can prioritize and get started on it with a fresh attitude.

Somedays we are in a fog because we need a break!
You don't have to be 100% 100% of the time. :)

Going for a walk is an excellent way to clear the cobwebs and reinvigorate.

I do the best I can for that day........the next morning is a new day and a different mind set.

take a nap if you have time-even a 45 minute snooze helps with motivation...

For me I always find that if I do something non B&B related, like going to lunch with a friend, reading a couple chapters in a book, etc., it leaves me feeling refreshed and ready for work. Take a break.

Make a list of what needs to get done, and prioritize it. Then go relax and take some time off...your list will be waiting for you tomorrow and you can prioritize and get started on it with a fresh attitude..
I never thought of myself as a list maker .... but it works. I have a list of The Big Stuff and then a list of those odds and ends that won't take a moment, aren't a #1 priority ..... and therefore never get done. Do a few of the little things and cross them off the list. Feels great.
..... and I completely agree with Country Girl. TAKE A BREAK and be fine with it. My problem is that when I have "one of those days" I don't enjoy it because I'll faff around sort of doing things, not accomplishing anything, not taking a break and being really annoyed and depressed at the end of the day because I wasted it doing nothing but hated doing nothing. Now, if it is "one of those days", I give myself permission to do bugger all and just enjoy it. Don't feel annoyed with myself, do some of the things I love and wake up the next morning with a much better attitude.

Make a list of what needs to get done, and prioritize it. Then go relax and take some time off...your list will be waiting for you tomorrow and you can prioritize and get started on it with a fresh attitude..
I never thought of myself as a list maker .... but it works. I have a list of The Big Stuff and then a list of those odds and ends that won't take a moment, aren't a #1 priority ..... and therefore never get done. Do a few of the little things and cross them off the list. Feels great.
..... and I completely agree with Country Girl. TAKE A BREAK and be fine with it. My problem is that when I have "one of those days" I don't enjoy it because I'll faff around sort of doing things, not accomplishing anything, not taking a break and being really annoyed and depressed at the end of the day because I wasted it doing nothing but hated doing nothing. Now, if it is "one of those days", I give myself permission to do bugger all and just enjoy it. Don't feel annoyed with myself, do some of the things I love and wake up the next morning with a much better attitude.
Think I am better today but I am usually really focused and motivated but just occasionally have off days. Had about 10 things to do but couldn't settle was doing one thing for 5 mins then interupted then doing something else then DH wanted something then blah blah. Trouble is as well my handy man who is excellent is going back to Lithania to help with the family business and we don't know when he will be back if at all so I am rushing trying to get as many jobs done as possible before he goes on the 14th. Plus he was going to do all the gutters and facias in August while we are having the windows done while the scaffolding was up but now can't so am trying to find a replacement. plus we may have to have new tv arials and wiring for digital so its chasing up quotes. Plus we are looking at putting together a local rating scheme like this. http://www.industryvisitchichester.com/vcas-assessment-scheme.html
Which I am helping with but its just getting all the other ducks sitting still and facing the same way!

For me I always find that if I do something non B&B related, like going to lunch with a friend, reading a couple chapters in a book, etc., it leaves me feeling refreshed and ready for work. Take a break..
Great advice, if you can do it, Country Girl!

Back