Keeping Pests Away From Flower Pots

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetiePie

Reaction score
I love the look of colorful flowers but have a bad rodent problem here. Squirrels and rabbits who've developed a taste for my flowers. I haven't figured out a good way to keep them from digging up the ones in the ground yet, they seem to like the roots. However, I have devised a way to keep them from my pots. I spray a fragrant insecticide on the pot, not the plant and that seems to work. Has anyone got any better suggestions?

My neighbor uses Wolf urine to keep rabbits and deer away from her garden. Orders it online. It seems to work but I can always tell when she applies it. I can't smell it but for the next two days my dopey chocolate lab walks around growling and sniffing the air with his hackles up. It scares him a bit.

The vermin here are deer. Great moneymaker during hunting season but anyone with a garden would like to hunt year-round.

We have been using a new deer/rabbit repellant from Lowes which is not cheap - around $50 and mixes 7-1 water to product. It stinks a little the day I spray but seems to be working. Our deer and rabbits are leaving our pansies and roses and budding hostas alone...so far.
RIki

My neighbor uses Wolf urine to keep rabbits and deer away from her garden. Orders it online. It seems to work but I can always tell when she applies it. I can't smell it but for the next two days my dopey chocolate lab walks around growling and sniffing the air with his hackles up. It scares him a bit..
It must be really hard to get a wolf to pee in a bottle because this stuff is uber expensive.

My neighbor uses Wolf urine to keep rabbits and deer away from her garden. Orders it online. It seems to work but I can always tell when she applies it. I can't smell it but for the next two days my dopey chocolate lab walks around growling and sniffing the air with his hackles up. It scares him a bit..
It must be really hard to get a wolf to pee in a bottle because this stuff is uber expensive.
SweetiePie said:
LOL Probably a high turnover rate in the wolf pee collector job market. ;)
Either that or the health insurance is really expensive to cover all those collectors who have been mamed in the process.

SweetiePie said:
LOL Probably a high turnover rate in the wolf pee collector job market. ;)
Either that or the health insurance is really expensive to cover all those collectors who have been mamed in the process.
Yeah, first you have to catch him.

Back