Keeping up with TA

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
This morning I looked at my town's B&B page on TA and my listing had a little 'paw' for pet friendly. Now it is gone. Anyone know how or why these things happen? Overall, it is not a big deal as lots of guests have written about bringing their dogs, so other guests can see that. However, they might just as well remove any or all of the other icons.

Also wanted to know if anyone has added a coupon on TA and how long it took to show up. In my management accout it says it is live, but it doesn't show up on my page.

Good Morning Morty
I put a coupon on there and it seems to me that it took a few days to actually show on my listing...but it's there now.

So, the little 'dog friendly' paw is gone and now my latest review has disappeared as well. Can guests have TA pull reviews?

So, the little 'dog friendly' paw is gone and now my latest review has disappeared as well. Can guests have TA pull reviews?.
Morticia said:
So, the little 'dog friendly' paw is gone and now my latest review has disappeared as well. Can guests have TA pull reviews?
I think the answer to that is yes. I also think that if they don't reply to an email requesting validation of the post, that TA pulls it. But I have heard from other innkeepers that reviews - both good and bad - have been pulled for no obvious reason.

So, the little 'dog friendly' paw is gone and now my latest review has disappeared as well. Can guests have TA pull reviews?.
Morticia said:
I think the answer to that is yes. I also think that if they don't reply to an email requesting validation of the post, that TA pulls it. But I have heard from other innkeepers that reviews - both good and bad - have been pulled for no obvious reason.
In this case, rats. I think that review was the one that finally made TA fill in the last circle so we went from 4 1/2 'stars' to 5.

Oh for Pete's sake. Just went and looked again and something else changed in the past hour! Now they have rates posted. It used to be 'Avg price $160' and now it has a range that goes from $120-200. Oh, THAT will cause some grief because the low end price is in the dead of winter for the plague room; NOT in peak season for the 'best' room.
I had problems before with guests calling telling me TA said my price was '$160', PERIOD. Not 'avg', no one saw the word 'avg'.

Oh for Pete's sake. Just went and looked again and something else changed in the past hour! Now they have rates posted. It used to be 'Avg price $160' and now it has a range that goes from $120-200. Oh, THAT will cause some grief because the low end price is in the dead of winter for the plague room; NOT in peak season for the 'best' room.
I had problems before with guests calling telling me TA said my price was '$160', PERIOD. Not 'avg', no one saw the word 'avg'..
When I've had an issue with the posted rates on TA, I contacted them. Amazingly, they were actually very responsive and changed it right away.

I had problems before with guests calling telling me TA said my price was '$160', PERIOD. Not 'avg', no one saw the word 'avg'..
When I've had an issue with the posted rates on TA, I contacted them. Amazingly, they were actually very responsive and changed it right away.
Me, too. That's not the problem. The rate range is fine as it is EXCEPT, guests will see $120 and that's all they will see. Then they will call and nothing is that low at this time of year. And then they'll argue that TA says my rates are $120. It's happened with AAA and other tour books. No one looks at the upper limit, just the lower. And I've had to say, 'The range is... and I'm charging you a price that is halfway between, not the $200 upper limit.' They don't care. All they see is $120. So, now I'm price-gouging.
Yes, I've heard this. So, essentially, I just send them along to someone who IS going to charge them $200 or more.

Me, too. That's not the problem. The rate range is fine as it is EXCEPT, guests will see $120 and that's all they will see. Then they will call and nothing is that low at this time of year. And then they'll argue that TA says my rates are $120. It's happened with AAA and other tour books. No one looks at the upper limit, just the lower. And I've had to say, 'The range is... and I'm charging you a price that is halfway between, not the $200 upper limit.' They don't care. All they see is $120. So, now I'm price-gouging.
Yes, I've heard this. So, essentially, I just send them along to someone who IS going to charge them $200 or more.
I have the same issue on occasion. Even when I have a room that is at the low end of the range, they get po'd because there's only one that is that rate (ok, I only have 6 rooms) or because it's the one with the detached bath (well, it's the cheapest for a reason, right?) Or they'll tell me they saw my price on some website that was lower - but not my website or one of the directories I subscribe to. Unfortunately we don't control what's out there on some out-of-date, non functioning websites. At that point, I know they're not going to be great guests and I give them the number of the C omfort Inn.

I have the same issue on occasion. Even when I have a room that is at the low end of the range, they get po'd because there's only one that is that rate (ok, I only have 6 rooms) or because it's the one with the detached bath (well, it's the cheapest for a reason, right?) Or they'll tell me they saw my price on some website that was lower - but not my website or one of the directories I subscribe to. Unfortunately we don't control what's out there on some out-of-date, non functioning websites. At that point, I know they're not going to be great guests and I give them the number of the C omfort Inn.
The one non-functioning website that makes me nutso has my rates at $95. The OO's names are on it, so it's at least from 2000. Everyone wants that $95 room. Odd, tho, that that was a summer rate 10 years ago and it's only gone up $55 in 10 years, but they're having none of that when they call.
I wouldn't care but SOME Google search turns it up. I don't know how, as I never find it unless I search by the exact name of the site.

I am trying to get a phone Number contact for TA If anyone could pass that along to me that would be great

Did you have to email or were you able to call via phone. I am trying to get a phone number from them

Did you have to email or were you able to call via phone. I am trying to get a phone number from them
nkeeprs said:
I have emailed but you need to be very specific. I did all the math for them, showing how they had my rates wrong (they were way high) and they fixed them fairly quickly. I gave them links to my calendar and my website so they could see the prices I was telling them were valid.
I've seen some pretty squiffy stuff, tho...rates at one place showing $95 and they're usually over $250, another place showing rates over $200 and they were around $130.

nkeeprs said:
I have emailed but you need to be very specific. I did all the math for them, showing how they had my rates wrong (they were way high) and they fixed them fairly quickly. I gave them links to my calendar and my website so they could see the prices I was telling them were valid.
I've seen some pretty squiffy stuff, tho...rates at one place showing $95 and they're usually over $250, another place showing rates over $200 and they were around $130.
I had to contact TA over rates too. They had our average waaaaaaaaaaaaay higher than it should have been and higher than one of the other B&Bs which has quite a few rooms over $300 and their cheapest room was more than ours. I never got a straight answer. They eventually changed ours and it was accurate but then the other place had an average rate that was lower than their cheapest room. What the?? It was pulling from some special rate they had on hotels com which of course was probably only for one or two rooms. I gave up at that point.

I can't keep up with TA! I looked today and I've lost a half bubble but I just got a new review with all 5's. Maybe it will take awhile for that to get 'blended in' to the equation.

I can't keep up with TA! I looked today and I've lost a half bubble but I just got a new review with all 5's. Maybe it will take awhile for that to get 'blended in' to the equation..
It does take a few days for new reviews to blend into the overall rating.

Back