Key Fobs

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
6755468161269005_hE1ttFLU_f.jpg

These would probably look like crap after a short time stuffed into people pockets, but they certainly are cute!

In leather they would hold up better. Great idea. I just found a bag of leather scraps that I bought 100 years ago to make feet for teddy bears. AND I found my pinking shears, too! Wonder if my sewing machine will punch thru leather...

In leather they would hold up better. Great idea. I just found a bag of leather scraps that I bought 100 years ago to make feet for teddy bears. AND I found my pinking shears, too! Wonder if my sewing machine will punch thru leather....
Be sure to get some heavy-duty needles... they make some to sew canvas that might work.

In leather they would hold up better. Great idea. I just found a bag of leather scraps that I bought 100 years ago to make feet for teddy bears. AND I found my pinking shears, too! Wonder if my sewing machine will punch thru leather....
Madeleine said:
In leather they would hold up better. Great idea. I just found a bag of leather scraps that I bought 100 years ago to make feet for teddy bears. AND I found my pinking shears, too! Wonder if my sewing machine will punch thru leather...
If you get leather needles or a super heavy needle and go very slowly you should be fine. The other trick is using a heavy duty thread. The needle may punch through but if the thread isn't strong enough and the bore of the needle large enough to allow the thread to pass without straining it will constantly break. Go slow, and if your machine has any settings such as heavy, thick, slow power etc it will work. I sewed leather chaps for years and used a Husqvarna that was new in the early 1970s.

Madeleine said:
If you get leather needles or a super heavy needle and go very slowly you should be fine. The other trick is using a heavy duty thread. The needle may punch through but if the thread isn't strong enough and the bore of the needle large enough to allow the thread to pass without straining it will constantly break. Go slow, and if your machine has any settings such as heavy, thick, slow power etc it will work. I sewed leather chaps for years and used a Husqvarna that was new in the early 1970s.
You have a NEW machine!! I just sent my Mother's sewing machine off to get repaired - I think it just needs a new belt and cleaning (I hope) - and it is a Ken more Daddy bought her in the very early 1950s. MY machine of the same make was purchased in about 1965.
I sewed a new zipper into a pair of racing leathers for a motorcycle racer with my machine.

Madeleine said:
Weaver said:
. Go slow, and if your machine has any settings such as heavy, thick, slow power etc it will work.
My brain is on these settings at the moment, will that work instead.

Not to detract from the comments, but the reason I posted them as they are cute, not leather. You can buy leather fobs. These are cute. Get it, cute! Leftover fabric, or fabric to match the room (maybe you made a throw pillow in a certain fabric) so the keys go with the room, or something.

Not to detract from the comments, but the reason I posted them as they are cute, not leather. You can buy leather fobs. These are cute. Get it, cute! Leftover fabric, or fabric to match the room (maybe you made a throw pillow in a certain fabric) so the keys go with the room, or something..
I bet you could wash them too, if you threw them in a net bag or something in the washer! I think that's a great idea to coordinate with the room. Could be a cute gift idea too, if you personalize them.

Not to detract from the comments, but the reason I posted them as they are cute, not leather. You can buy leather fobs. These are cute. Get it, cute! Leftover fabric, or fabric to match the room (maybe you made a throw pillow in a certain fabric) so the keys go with the room, or something..
I bet you could wash them too, if you threw them in a net bag or something in the washer! I think that's a great idea to coordinate with the room. Could be a cute gift idea too, if you personalize them.
of if there was some way of personalising them to your inn they could be a free give away marketing idea - ie we have printed key fobs and they fly out of the door.

Back