Keychains

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Generic

Reaction score
What kind of keychains do you use for guest keys? Anyone use promotional keychains?
We use flashlight keychains that we buy at the dollar store and put labels on them (see below) but they aren't carrying them anymore. Where do you buy yours? And if your order yours, where do you order them from? I'm tempted to order some preprinted, but I'm looking to order a reasonable amount at a reasonable price (not 1000!) Any help? Suggestions? Do you have a keychain the works well to ensure you get your keys back? Something that the guests like?
turbo-flashlight-key-chain-15363987173.jpg

Before we changed our front door lock to a combination lock, we used generic keychains for security reasons.. in case a key was lost, the key wouldn't fall into the wrong hands. DH found some unique keychains at a local antique mall. But now that we're using a combination on the front door, we could use keychains with our logo and info.

We use LED type lighted ones, no name/logo as we put the front door code on it. They are similar to this one - Ok this is far cheaper than what I have found in the store... so I may just order some of these! (Thanks
teeth_smile.gif
)

A place we stayed at in England used large (4" x 4") pieces of slate that had once been part of the roof shingling on their very historic property. They had the room numbers etched into them, and the keys were original skeleton keys. My original reaction was "Good Lord, I'm never going to be able to keep that in my pocket."
"That," the innkeeper replied, "is the point."
Remarkably, it did fit into my pocket when absolutely necessary, but I never forgot it was there.

Good morning,
We use carabiner clips. They they can "clip" the keys to themselves/etc.
We also have a $50.00 "souvenir" fee if they would like to take them home-have only lost one set since its inception.

I started out with nifty little train engine keychains - they disappeared quickly! Now I have the Gillum Room on an orange lanyard they can wear around their neck, Rosi's has a pewter rose key chain, and I have quite forgotten what kind of keychain I have for the Harris which means none of them have taken a walk in a looooong time.

We use LED type lighted ones, no name/logo as we put the front door code on it. They are similar to this one - Ok this is far cheaper than what I have found in the store... so I may just order some of these! (Thanks
teeth_smile.gif
).
Keychains are cheap enough, but $12 shipping....?

We found cute keychains from etsy.com. Our cottages are "Oak Leaf" and "Acorn", and we found iron ( or some kind of metal) in the shape of an oak leaf and an acorn. So cute. So far, someone walked off with one only once but mailed it back.

If we ever save enough pennies to buy next door we want to rename it Oakwood Lodge think acorn key rings would look super cute!

Back