Keyless door locks

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alibi Ike

Reaction score
If you have a keyless door lock could you post the model info? I had one I really liked with 20 different combos, Schlage, easy to program and all of that. Can't find it online now.

Thanks. After ranting and raving I finally looked on Amazon and found exactly what I wanted and it was exactly what the Schlage site had except they stopped at '2 pre-loaded codes' and never went on to say 'load up to 20 different codes' as Amazon stated.
I can't have the one with the lock/unlock lever on the inside. I've dealt with that til my head hurts. Guests are always 'unlocking' the door to avoid the code, but it's set to auto lock and then they can't get back in because they were being 'smart' and trying to defeat the system.
So, new one is always locked, has no unlocked position. Nothing on the inside but the handle. Easy to program in 19 different codes. Will ask guest what code they want, program and voila! let yourself in! I can turn the beeper off, too. No more listening to that all day and night.

I bought fabulous ones from ltd commodities but they don't sell them anymore (maybe that's why they are called limited) but they were reasonable and lasted about 5 years indoors and outdoors, some are still working and unlimited codes very easy to change
I bought a fingerprint reader one for my back door and "missed" all the customer reviews on amazon saying that there was NO customer service but yet amazon kept selling them .... I finally sent it back after realizing that ANYONE could scan their finger and the door opened, even if I had not "loaded" their fingerprint!!
banghead.gif

Thanks. After ranting and raving I finally looked on Amazon and found exactly what I wanted and it was exactly what the Schlage site had except they stopped at '2 pre-loaded codes' and never went on to say 'load up to 20 different codes' as Amazon stated.
I can't have the one with the lock/unlock lever on the inside. I've dealt with that til my head hurts. Guests are always 'unlocking' the door to avoid the code, but it's set to auto lock and then they can't get back in because they were being 'smart' and trying to defeat the system.
So, new one is always locked, has no unlocked position. Nothing on the inside but the handle. Easy to program in 19 different codes. Will ask guest what code they want, program and voila! let yourself in! I can turn the beeper off, too. No more listening to that all day and night..
I will now have a spare keyless lock and will put that on my own door. I hated trying to keep my own interior door locked during the day as I don't carry keys with me.

I got all mine from Gokeyless.com
=)
Kk..
I saw them on there, too. They also had one you can program from your computer. Now that looked interesting. The code is only valid for the time frame you specify. Good for me as they're always coming back in hours after check-out and looking for a bathroom. Any bathroom.

So, new one is always locked, has no unlocked position. Nothing on the inside but the handle. Easy to program in 19 different codes. Will ask guest what code they want, program and voila! let yourself in! I can turn the beeper off, too. No more listening to that all day and night..
I will now have a spare keyless lock and will put that on my own door. I hated trying to keep my own interior door locked during the day as I don't carry keys with me.
Alibi Ike said:
Just purchased a new one for the front door & the old one goes on our private area... woohoo no more digging for a key for me either.

We just bought the one that Loews carries. I don't recall the brand and am not at home to look. It's three years old and still works like a charm.
RIki

The one you posted, Ike, is like the antique brass lever one on our second house and was a breeze for guests with the auto locking when the door was closed. We could not put that type on our house (well, I guess we could have) because we have a beautiful old lockset that we didn't want to remove. So, we just added another deadbolt with the type that Innkeep posted. We have double deadbolts on our front door and I really like just having the keyless entry for our home now. Glad you found the one you wanted!!

I'm using electric door lock from many times, i don't want to mention its brand name because i build it by my self. It is an automated alarm and locking system which activate on little bit action.

The price is looking a bit higher, but i'd definitely recommend something which is better with respect to Style / security & strong . so try using Lock Fitters

This is the https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0097GT3P6 model we use. We have one on each room and one on a bathroom door. The one on the bathroom door gets the same code as one of our rooms. That way only those guests can use that bathroom.
We also have digital locks on rooms we don't want guests to have access to.
When a guest arrives, we write their room code on the back of one of our business cards. They need the code to get into their room and also into the house.

This is the https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0097GT3P6 model we use. We have one on each room and one on a bathroom door. The one on the bathroom door gets the same code as one of our rooms. That way only those guests can use that bathroom.
When a guest arrives, we write their room code on the back of one of our business cards. They need the code to get into their room and also into the house..
MNVineyard...take a look at the date of the original post. It is doubtful that the OP is still following this thread.

When a guest arrives, we write their room code on the back of one of our business cards. They need the code to get into their room and also into the house..
MNVineyard...take a look at the date of the original post. It is doubtful that the OP is still following this thread.
Silverspoon said:
We got hit by a spammer. Thus the age of the thread.

Love ours!
https://www.build.com/schlage-fe595-cam-geo/s512019?uid=2541818&source=gg-gba-pla_with_promotion_2541818!c829868391!a46543964350!dc!ng&cvosrc=pla.google.2541818&cvo_cid=829868391&cvo_crid195441996215=&=&cvo_adgroup=46543964350&cvo_uniqueid=2541818&gclid=CjwKCAiAxuTQBRBmEiwAAkFF1qi15sesesfi2AJ08XBtdM1aCQqN0bOZwfIRReTjUJ9P38vZSrAYYhoCvyMQAvD_BwE

Silverspoon said:
Thanks, I knew it was an old thread but I figured others would read it. :)

We give the code on a blank card. The business card has your address; if the guest loses the card, the finder has access to your premises.

We give the code on a blank card. The business card has your address; if the guest loses the card, the finder has access to your premises.
Tom said:
And we don't write it down at all. However, some guests are very uncertain, so they grab a biz card and write the number on it. No matter how many times we say, 'it's YOUR phone number.'
Many tell me they don't know their own phone number, or their spouse's.
Whatever. Code is gone when they check out.

Back