KGB Website

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrambled_eggs

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of or used the KGB Deals website? I just got a call today and they wanted me to list on it. I said I wouldn't do anything like that over the phone so they sent me an email about it. I went to the website and it looks sort of like a living social kind of thing. I had never heard of it before and was wondering if anyone else has. Did anyone else get the call? They called me because they were looking at Tripadvisor reviews and thought I should list because of the good reviews.

we have heard of it and i am on their mailing list (ie to receive offers) however they want you to do a right cheap deal and then charge a high commission its either 20 or 40% so basically you end up with about £2 or $4. What it does is they have a database of people they send out to every day the deal of the day and people book it or don't as appropriate but at least you only pay for what you get. They do advertise on TV quite a bit in the UK don't know about the USA. Think it works well for hotels as you can get people in during a quiet time and hopefully upsell them food and drink and other services however for BB's its not as good a deal as we don't have as much to upsell during the stay.

Of course they did.
tounge_smile.gif

Any cold calls you get are just out to take your money. FORGET IT!! Don't deal with phone callers...never a good thing!!! Just another site out to make a buck on the heels of groupon and others.

Thanks for your input. I thought it was too good to be true. Don't think I want to be doing that. I will be hanging up on them next time :)

Back