Kind of a cool trellis idea for B&Bs

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim_Toad_HLB

Reaction score
Hey all,
A few years ago we found a couple very old brass bed headboards at a garage sale and have put them to what we think is kind of a B&B related and neat idea.
Old_Headboard_Trellis.jpg

I have a white wicker headboard I want to do that with, but DH thinks it'll look too trashy, I think it will be cute...I want to plant colorful wildflowers in front...a flowerbed. Maybe I'll do it out back by the veggie garden, then it'll be more hidden and I can still enjoy it...

Very nice! I would like to do that too but I haven't been able to come across any cheap or free ones.

I have a white wicker headboard I want to do that with, but DH thinks it'll look too trashy, I think it will be cute...I want to plant colorful wildflowers in front...a flowerbed. Maybe I'll do it out back by the veggie garden, then it'll be more hidden and I can still enjoy it....
I have problems with my wicker furniture on the porch with parts coming undone. I have to fix every year. I would think the weather would deteriate the wicker pretty fast.

I have a white wicker headboard I want to do that with, but DH thinks it'll look too trashy, I think it will be cute...I want to plant colorful wildflowers in front...a flowerbed. Maybe I'll do it out back by the veggie garden, then it'll be more hidden and I can still enjoy it....
I have problems with my wicker furniture on the porch with parts coming undone. I have to fix every year. I would think the weather would deteriate the wicker pretty fast.
hawley said:
It does unless it's under cover. We ended up painting our wicker set on the patio because it started greying. Krylon has a new spray paint especially formulated for outdoor wicker furniture.

hawley said:
It does unless it's under cover. We ended up painting our wicker set on the patio because it started greying. Krylon has a new spray paint especially formulated for outdoor wicker furniture.
I have had to paint mine every other year and some pieces every year. I haven't seen any especially for outdoor wicker furniture. What I have seen from Krylon is for the plastic type of fake wicker.

hawley said:
I have had to paint mine every other year and some pieces every year. I haven't seen any especially for outdoor wicker furniture. What I have seen from Krylon is for the plastic type of fake wicker.
hawley said:
It's called Krylon Outdoor Spaces. The label says its for metal, wood, wicker & more.

Back