King-Sized

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs.B

Reaction score
I'm wanting to put a king-sized bed in the suite, but it won't fit up the stairway. Neither will a queen. So the furniture store is suggesting two long twins with a foam "T" in the middle. Have any of you gone this route and have your guests commented good or bad?

We have this as our own bed because we can't get bigger than a full up the stairs. I also put a memory foam mattress on top and can't feel the crack. We did tie the 2 twins together so they won't move. Have had this about 5 years now. It works.

we have that in our king suite - guests comment on the comfort of the bed.

they are always great because if someone suddenlly wants 2 beds in the room, you can do that :)

I was planning a king headboard so you would not be able to seperate them. Does regular king bedding fit okay? I really wouldn't want to buy twin bedding also!

I was planning a king headboard so you would not be able to seperate them. Does regular king bedding fit okay? I really wouldn't want to buy twin bedding also!.
If you get the long twins, regular king sheets fit. If you use regular twins, you can still use the regular king sheets, but they will have extra room and the ones with elastic all around work best.

Get the XL twin beds or you will have uncomfortable guests. I have one of my rooms set up this way. I have the twin bed frames and the "doubler" came from Innstyle. It's a sherpa pad with a strap that goes around the two mattresses.
I keep twin mattress pads on the beds, add the doubler and another THICK alternative down mattress pad on top. It is so comfortable, people don't know it's two twins.
This room has been very versatile for me. It's a great room for siblings, parent and child, friends and some couples have requested it as well.
My headboards are mounted to the wall. I just pull the beds apart about a foot and move the side tables a little. The one thing to remember is to get two XL twin bed skirts so you don't have to change them every time you change the bed.
regular_smile.gif

Beautiful place Inn at BV. I had to look twice as we have a BV in our state as well. Welcome to the forum!
welcome.gif

Back