Kitchen musts

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amber

Reaction score
In your kitchen, is there one thing you wish you had room for that you don't or one thing you use everyday that you can't imagine doing without?
Thanks.
Amber

I wish we had more counter space, a bigger sink, bigger dishwasher, bigger coffee maker

I would love to have a warming drawer and a second oven. Ok, that's two things, sorry...at least they're related!

I wish I had silpat liners instead of having to cut parchment paper each morning.

Counter and storage space would be wonderful!!! A place for a microwave - and a microwave.
I could never live without my oven and my wisks.

hot water urn - as we never have enough boiling water, plate warming cupboard would also be great if I had anywhere to put it!
also half a dozen small sharp knives - don't but the sets in a block as you get 2 which are of a useful size and 3 huge ones which don't fit in the dishwasher properly! Ive found a brand I really like and have bought three in the different colours
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Taylors-Eye-Witness-Sloping-Knives/dp/B0050BPXYC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343751896&sr=8-1
this is them in a set but we have an excellent shop which does each size in all the colours so say you were cutting meat you could use the white one for meat and the black one for veg like with colour coded chopping boards. Plus have been using the first one for 2 years now and its as sharp as when we bought it.

Couldn't live without the microwave, several frying pans and glass baking dishes, wisks, knives, spatulas, cutting boards, melon baller, zester, cheese grater, griddle, waffle maker, and most of all, my herb garden, just out the kitchen door.

I love my induction stove top . I love it more then a gas range. It is quick and clean and fast. That and my mixer and micro, Having two oven is a gift. One I am thank full for PLUS ! my induction stove top.
Hello Amber and welcome a board.

What the heck is a 'silpat'?.
Silpats are silicone baking mats. Nothing sticks on them! No more oil spray or scraping off baked cheese, cooked on egg that drips over the individual baked egg dish. They're great. I have the large cookie sheet size and the smaller 1/4 pan size.
Silpat

I wish I had silpat liners instead of having to cut parchment paper each morning..
Silpats are great. Why don't you just buy some?? Amazon had a set for a good price. I love my silpats!
Wish it was that easy *lol* I'm not the boss (though I act like it sometimes!). I've put in a request. I figured the price of the industrial size rolls they buy me vs. the price of a silpat that will last years should be enough incentive. But, they didn't know what it was either. We'll see...

I love my induction stove top . I love it more then a gas range. It is quick and clean and fast. That and my mixer and micro, Having two oven is a gift. One I am thank full for PLUS ! my induction stove top.
Hello Amber and welcome a board..
I was checking out induction stoves today. I like the idea because the house has electric stove instead of the gas I am used to having, but my experience with stainless steel cookware is bad. I had it a few months but everything always stuck and was never as clean and shiny as I wanted it.

We have a toaster oven that is also convection oven. It sounds like it might come in handy.

OOOOHHH!! I have some of those. I just didn't know what they were called. Thanks!
help.gif

My crepe pan. I love my crepe pan! I buy them on sale and have a bunch in the basement for when the teflon wears out.
More counterspace. My kitchen is tiny and "someone" uses my stovetop as storage and sometimes I just have no space!

Would love a warming drawer.....
I could not do without a toaster/convection oven (we are on our 3rd). Love my large oven/convection oven - best replaced large appliance. And my Bunn coffee maker - a pot in 3 minutes, instant hot water.... DH kept saying we should invest in one, I finally listened - best spent $$ after going through who knows how many others.

Hello Amber and welcome a board..
I was checking out induction stoves today. I like the idea because the house has electric stove instead of the gas I am used to having, but my experience with stainless steel cookware is bad. I had it a few months but everything always stuck and was never as clean and shiny as I wanted it.
Like you I had some bad pots. then I discovered Berghoff they are made in Belgium. Also one other chef makes some good pots for induction .. Can find them inTJ Maxx or Home sense. Found mine at The bay.

Back