kitchenette advice wanted

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeachHouse

Reaction score
We have two rooms with kitchenettes. Sink, microwave, refrigerator and coffee pot. We also supply dishes and glasses.
Is there a good disposable dishwashing sponge? I hate leaving a sponge for their use. They seem dirty even when they are cleaned in a dishwasher.
Ideas?

The obvious is a cloth dishrag that can be laundered. I have two full kitchens, real kitchens with apartment stoves and fridges on top of 6 "kitchenettes". I do both a cloth and new in the wrapper sponge. Costcow sells individually wrapped sponges in bulk for a good price. Most guests won't use the sponge so they last. You can always find a use for a barely used sponge. I wash them with the towels and reuse for other things. One tip I recently saw suggested cutting a corner off the sponge to differentiate ones that might have been used in ucky-land.

I get dishrags at the Dollar store $5 for a stack of them. Cheap enough that if I use one to wipe up something yucky, I toss it without a thought. And I am the ultimate cheapskate.

Definitely dish cloths. Wash and go. No sponges in the dishwasher, I think that's been debunked.

Health Dept will not allow sponges. Best to buy cheap wash cloths along with kitchen towels.

Back