Knock out Roses

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandynn

Reaction score
Anyone have Knock Out Roses? I am dreaming of warm weather so I can plant them this year. They are self cleaning and those that have them seem to love them.

Personally I don't have any they don't do anything for me.
It is great that they are continual blooming but I don't like the shape of the flower, they aren't good for cutting and they are not fragrant..so what is the point.
My friends in garden club all have them and love them and if you are looking for a rose to give you color all summer without the bother and fuss of other roses..then they are great.
They "say" that they are a disease resistant and bug resistant...but...my neighor has had hers for about 7 year and she has had Japanese beetles and mildew on hers..and she is a real gardener.
They now come in red, pink and yellow.
There are others out there I can't name them, but a fellow in garden club last week said the American Rose Society did research on roses in Texas last few years and there are others that have the same characteristics and are more hardy. Maybe you can do an on line search to find out names.

They are big here in the SE...they are extremely heat and drought tolerant & also last well into the cooler weather here. They were blooming in November!! I think that they're fine to cut in small vases. I find a lot of roses now lack any nice scent. I think Knock Out Roses are great for a big splash of color & I'm going to plant some on the West side of our second house for that reason and the fact that they tolerate heat well.

It is great that they are continual blooming but I don't like the shape of the flower, they aren't good for cutting and they are not fragrant..so what is the point.
My friends in garden club all have them and love them and if you are looking for a rose to give you color all summer without the bother and fuss of other roses..then they are great.
They "say" that they are a disease resistant and bug resistant...but...my neighor has had hers for about 7 year and she has had Japanese beetles and mildew on hers..and she is a real gardener.
There are others out there I can't name them, but a fellow in garden club last week said the American Rose Society did research on roses in Texas last few years and there are others that have the same characteristics and are more hardy. Maybe you can do an on line search to find out names..
I'd be interested if they don't smell! The scent of roses does nothing for me, but I love a really nice trellis full!

There are others out there I can't name them, but a fellow in garden club last week said the American Rose Society did research on roses in Texas last few years and there are others that have the same characteristics and are more hardy. Maybe you can do an on line search to find out names..
I'd be interested if they don't smell! The scent of roses does nothing for me, but I love a really nice trellis full!
These are bushes not climbing roses.

Back