Know I shouldn't be but I am just SO offended!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the "poor babies". It just really got my goat. I went to bed early and got up feeling better (and of course I filled the dern feeder as soon as they left for dinner last night).
Had to laugh, woke up to a voice message from last night's last-minute, self check-in guest wondering what the password is for the WiFi. There's no password. The other thing was a cancellation email.
SO...it's going to be THAT week. I got spoiled, being super busy with amazing guests last week, I forgot that the pendulum always swings back. Nothing to do but grin and bear it!
Thanks for reading/listening..
Well, if it cheers you up... I started with a guest arriving at 9 AM this morning (no, we didn't expect her) and then with a rude phone call from Toronto for someone who wanted a room. First they wanted to be in Old Montreal (I'm a 20 minute walk) and I told him that there are no B&Bs in Old Montreal, so he will need to go to a hotel. Next he asks me about downtown Montreal, I said that the centre of Montreal (the McGill Metro) is a 20 minute walk. He says, a 20 minute to the train? Next he wanted a room for three nights in mid-May, which is booked. When I told him it wasn't available he just hung up, rudely, without saying goodbye.
And now if you are wondering why I don't have a toll-free number... it is phone calls like that one that keep me from getting one.
Eric Arthur Blair said:
. . . And now if you are wondering why I don't have a toll-free number... it is phone calls like that one that keep me from getting one.
With the prevalence of cell-phones and free long distance, is a toll-free number that necessary anymore?
Some people still think so. But my experience has been that if they aren't paying for the phone call, they will call to ask you anything and everything including things that aren't related to your business. Really! Restaurants, stores to visit, the brand of shampoo in the rooms, etc.
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Some people still think so. But my experience has been that if they aren't paying for the phone call, they will call to ask you anything and everything including things that aren't related to your business. Really! Restaurants, stores to visit, the brand of shampoo in the rooms, etc.
Those calls only bother me when they hang up without booking and never call again. But our 800# expense has dropped dramatically since when we bought the place. The PO told us to expect $400+/month in calls in the summer on the 800#. It's not even close to that.
Have you looked at http://www.toktumi.com/

do you really think they meant to be offensive? or was it how they said it?
i don't think i'd have rushed to get birdseed ... i hope you didn't. i think i'd have told him 'those were just filled. the birds must be stuffing themselves.'
i think we can all relate. you do E.V.E.R.Y.THING and then someone says 'oh ... do you have/ did you / don't you .... (fill in the blank) and it's wham!
i hope you can relax sometime?

Thank you for the "poor babies". It just really got my goat. I went to bed early and got up feeling better (and of course I filled the dern feeder as soon as they left for dinner last night).
Had to laugh, woke up to a voice message from last night's last-minute, self check-in guest wondering what the password is for the WiFi. There's no password. The other thing was a cancellation email.
SO...it's going to be THAT week. I got spoiled, being super busy with amazing guests last week, I forgot that the pendulum always swings back. Nothing to do but grin and bear it!
Thanks for reading/listening..
Well, if it cheers you up... I started with a guest arriving at 9 AM this morning (no, we didn't expect her) and then with a rude phone call from Toronto for someone who wanted a room. First they wanted to be in Old Montreal (I'm a 20 minute walk) and I told him that there are no B&Bs in Old Montreal, so he will need to go to a hotel. Next he asks me about downtown Montreal, I said that the centre of Montreal (the McGill Metro) is a 20 minute walk. He says, a 20 minute to the train? Next he wanted a room for three nights in mid-May, which is booked. When I told him it wasn't available he just hung up, rudely, without saying goodbye.
And now if you are wondering why I don't have a toll-free number... it is phone calls like that one that keep me from getting one.
Eric Arthur Blair said:
. . . And now if you are wondering why I don't have a toll-free number... it is phone calls like that one that keep me from getting one.
With the prevalence of cell-phones and free long distance, is a toll-free number that necessary anymore?
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Those calls only bother me when they hang up without booking and never call again. But our 800# expense has dropped dramatically since when we bought the place. The PO told us to expect $400+/month in calls in the summer on the 800#. It's not even close to that.
Have you looked at http://www.toktumi.com/
I'll send that along to the 'utilities coordinator'...

do you really think they meant to be offensive? or was it how they said it?
i don't think i'd have rushed to get birdseed ... i hope you didn't. i think i'd have told him 'those were just filled. the birds must be stuffing themselves.'
i think we can all relate. you do E.V.E.R.Y.THING and then someone says 'oh ... do you have/ did you / don't you .... (fill in the blank) and it's wham!
i hope you can relax sometime?.
She's just a hand-holding type of person. It highly irked me that she had to ring the bell and then knock on the door to ask this...if you see me it's one thing but to seek me out?
At any rate I already had the seed, just hadn't gotten around to filling it but I did it after they went out to dinner. Today I got all my planters on the deck/patios done so I am sitting outside enjoying the fruits of my labor. It totally was just one of those moments at the end of a LONG day yesterday, like no one noticed the thousand things I did RIGHT, she had to find the one thing I missed. I had a cry and went to bed early and I'm better now. Thanks!
regular_smile.gif

Back