Knowing your guests

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was a huge NASCAR fan before DE passed away...after that, my heart was broken. Nascar is very much about the drivers and their personalities for most fans. If you don't know any of the drivers, you won't find it at all interesting..
See, I don't even know who DE is. ;-) I would not be able to participate in any kind of conversation about NASCAR racing at all.
I have just not been all that interested in NASCAR and not because I have any preconceived notion about the fans. I know plenty of folks that are HUGE fans.
I do love college football though. :)
Each to their own.....
I am not a Nascar fan, but I think DE is Dale Earnhardt (probably spelled his name wrong - sorry to all you fans!)

In fairness to your guests, JB, I don't get the allure of NASCAR either and I'm here where it's uber popular. tee hee.... Fortunately, we don't have a track all that close to us. ;-).
Samster said:
In fairness to your guests, JB, I don't get the allure of NASCAR either and I'm here where it's uber popular. tee hee.... Fortunately, we don't have a track all that close to us. ;-)
I never said they didn't get the allure, they had never heard of it, but you have heard of it right?
Fortunately WE DO have a track near us, it helps pay the bills, plus we ourselves enjoy this sport. Just as an fyi for those who assume incorrectly that all NASCAR fans are rednecks, they aren't. Just want to clear up that misconception and bigoted idea - yeah I am using that word as people preach tolerance but still tell blond jokes and make fun of NASCAR FANS. It is the number one sport in this country. VAROOMMMMMMM LONG MAY SHE ROARRRRRR
cheers.gif

I meant it's fortunate that we don't have a track near us because there's no way that I could converse about NASCAR at all. I'm off the hook on that one.
No offense intended by any means.
embaressed_smile.gif

Am with you too. Over a decade I had a shop one mile from a NASCAR track. Didn't care about it at all. No interest in it or the drivers. Local town was very mixed about NASCAR. Local chamber board were fans. Traffic was so congested all locals stayed home, and most businesses closed on NASCAR Sundays. The main street, both lanes, became a one way in; and the state highway, all lanes, became a one way out. Emergencies were air-lifted. Even the local churches did not hold services on those Sundays. Glad I don't have to deal with it anymore.

Back