Lace Cookies Reciepe Wanted

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandynn

Reaction score
How we remember things. I had cookies at a shower 35 years ago if you can believe I could remember cookies that long ago. Well these cookies were so yummy and beautiful that I would like to make them for the bed and breakfast. They were about the size of a small saucer and when warm were rolled into a horn shape and filled with whipped cream. Does anyone know of these. They were dark looking and lace like.
sandy

There was a whole article on Lace Cookies, including classic recipe and variations, in the April 2001 issue of Fine Cooking magazine (issue #44).
I'm found the article on their website and am posting the link here. I don't know if you need an online membership to read it though. Hope it works. If not, I can email it to you (but I forget which inn is yours).
I love Fine Cooking because it really explains technique, not just ingredients and a few directions.

french lace cookies - and when still warm, my nana would roll the cookies around a broom stick to make the horns.
i found a recipe on cooks.com here is the link
i'm not posting the actual recipe since i haven't tried it out.
good luck

Is this it??
[h3]Prep Time: 20 minutes[/h3][h3]Cook Time: 6 minutes[/h3][h3]Ingredients:[/h3]
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup finely chopped nuts
  • 1/2 cup corn syrup
  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 2/3 cup brown sugar
[h3]Preparation:[/h3]Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Blend flour and nuts. Bring corn syrup, shortening and sugar to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; gradually stir in flour and nuts.
Drop batter by level teaspoonfuls about 3 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake only 8 to 9 cookies at a time. Bake about 5 to 6 minutes, remove from oven and allow to stand 5 minutes to harden slightly before removing from pan.

Is this it??
[h3]Prep Time: 20 minutes[/h3][h3]Cook Time: 6 minutes[/h3][h3]Ingredients:[/h3]
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup corn syrup
  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 2/3 cup brown sugar
Blend flour and nuts. Bring corn syrup, shortening and sugar to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; gradually stir in flour and nuts.
Drop batter by level teaspoonfuls about 3 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake only 8 to 9 cookies at a time. Bake about 5 to 6 minutes, remove from oven and allow to stand 5 minutes to harden slightly before removing from pan..
I hope so. I will try them. It seemed to me they were dark which these might be after they are baked. I never saw the reciepe. How long do you think I should wait until I roll they up. Do you think I could use butter? I don't have shortening but can get it if I need to.

Is this it??
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup corn syrup
  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 2/3 cup brown sugar
Drop batter by level teaspoonfuls about 3 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake only 8 to 9 cookies at a time. Bake about 5 to 6 minutes, remove from oven and allow to stand 5 minutes to harden slightly before removing from pan..
Thanks to all!!

There was a whole article on Lace Cookies, including classic recipe and variations, in the April 2001 issue of Fine Cooking magazine (issue #44).
I'm found the article on their website and am posting the link here. I don't know if you need an online membership to read it though. Hope it works. If not, I can email it to you (but I forget which inn is yours).
I love Fine Cooking because it really explains technique, not just ingredients and a few directions..
Bummer I could not get on the site even with the free trial they want a cc number.
Thanks

I love Fine Cooking because it really explains technique, not just ingredients and a few directions..
Bummer I could not get on the site even with the free trial they want a cc number.
Thanks
Sorry it's not an easy link. The article says to shape the cookies (wrap around the handle of a wooden spoon to make tubes or drape over small bowls to make bowls) while they are still warm from the oven. If the cookies on the baking sheet get too firm before you’re done shaping them, pop them back into the hot oven for a minute.
And definitely you can use butter.

I have a wonderful version of these, will post when i get a minute, easy enough for my kids to make by themselves, messy tho' and dipped them in chocolate, ooh lala!

Back