Ladies, do you blog? Add your Blog to Directory of Women Bloggers

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
Ladies, do you blog? Add your Blog to Directory of Women Bloggers[/h1]We are more than just a social community for women. We aim to be one of the largest blog directories on the web. This directory is designed for women looking to search blogs, connect with bloggers, or promote their own blog.

[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]http://www.shesconnected.com/blogFeeds/add[/COLOR]

Stuff like that always makes me chuckle: a community of women bloggers. If a man tried to do that: a community of men bloggers, can you imagine the uproar?

a gaggle
teeth_smile.gif

Sorry, I don't need to spend any more time on this computer than I do already:-( I am trying to do less..I really don't care about "social networking"..sorry:-(

Sorry, I don't need to spend any more time on this computer than I do already:-( I am trying to do less..I really don't care about "social networking"..sorry:-(.
I nevr blogged and like catlady said, i have net even found the time for doing it.
However, a few month ago a "Social networking Lady" moved into our town and I signed up to receive her blog....she knows more about our town and what's going on then I do...
embaressed_smile.gif

I guess if you don't have anything else to do......

Sorry, I don't need to spend any more time on this computer than I do already:-( I am trying to do less..I really don't care about "social networking"..sorry:-(.
I nevr blogged and like catlady said, i have net even found the time for doing it.
However, a few month ago a "Social networking Lady" moved into our town and I signed up to receive her blog....she knows more about our town and what's going on then I do...
embaressed_smile.gif

I guess if you don't have anything else to do......
I just happened across this...sorry it may not be in the right thread:-( Just FYI
http://blog.acorn-is.com/2009/04/google-blogger-vs-word-press.html

This was emailed to me so I passed it on in case anyone is interested. If you are not interested, then ignore the post. Don't put people down who might be interested by saying I guess if you don't have anything else to do...
I don't invent this stuff - I just post it as someone might like to see it or be interested. But NOT now about being slammed about it.
I post a lot of stuff on here "someone" might find useful. It is not for everyone.

This was emailed to me so I passed it on in case anyone is interested. If you are not interested, then ignore the post. Don't put people down who might be interested by saying I guess if you don't have anything else to do...
I don't invent this stuff - I just post it as someone might like to see it or be interested. But NOT now about being slammed about it.
I post a lot of stuff on here "someone" might find useful. It is not for everyone..
NOt a put down by any means...just a comment.
embaressed_smile.gif

Blogging probaby takes the same amount of time as it takes to be on this forum. For some people this is their relaxation or down time instead of watching TV.

Well I saw the "promote your own blog" in that sentence I posted at the start and thought someone might be interested in sticking their blog on there for all those "women" to see.
I actually love working on my blog, it is one of my favorite parts of innkeeping. I keep my eye out for interesting things to see and do and events and blog about it.
It means more than sitting at a pc, it actually sends me out on a mission. I have recently taken pics of the Creamery up the road that makes the best homemade ice cream - from the dairy cows right out the back - it similar to a frozen custard. They have no website, they are of the old order so I had to physically drive up there to take some pics.
regular_smile.gif

Well, I now blog, Facebook and twitter. Plus I forum - shouldn't that be a verb, too? I don't know that it will get me more business but if I don't get too distracted by it I'll try it out for a little while. There are twitterers from B&Bs who tell you what they have for brekkie every morning, and some who are really selling their rooms all the time. I don't necessarily tweet even once a day. I am connected to some interesting twitterers, like createwv, so I feel like it's a helpful tool for me to feel connected, also. Not just pushing the B&B, but learning things too. Just like following some blogs that I like just for myself. What good are the internetz if you don't use them for your own enjoyment? I check out icanhascheezburger every day, just for fun.

Well, I now blog, Facebook and twitter. Plus I forum - shouldn't that be a verb, too? I don't know that it will get me more business but if I don't get too distracted by it I'll try it out for a little while. There are twitterers from B&Bs who tell you what they have for brekkie every morning, and some who are really selling their rooms all the time. I don't necessarily tweet even once a day. I am connected to some interesting twitterers, like createwv, so I feel like it's a helpful tool for me to feel connected, also. Not just pushing the B&B, but learning things too. Just like following some blogs that I like just for myself. What good are the internetz if you don't use them for your own enjoyment? I check out icanhascheezburger every day, just for fun..
I just don't know how you find the time. I've barely been on the forum at all, haven't blogged in weeks, and haven't checked back on FB in quite awhile! I am up most days at 6 AM and don't fall asleep until midnight or after. I'm not grossly inefficient either...just lots to do, like everyone else here. :)

Well, I now blog, Facebook and twitter. Plus I forum - shouldn't that be a verb, too? I don't know that it will get me more business but if I don't get too distracted by it I'll try it out for a little while. There are twitterers from B&Bs who tell you what they have for brekkie every morning, and some who are really selling their rooms all the time. I don't necessarily tweet even once a day. I am connected to some interesting twitterers, like createwv, so I feel like it's a helpful tool for me to feel connected, also. Not just pushing the B&B, but learning things too. Just like following some blogs that I like just for myself. What good are the internetz if you don't use them for your own enjoyment? I check out icanhascheezburger every day, just for fun..
I just don't know how you find the time. I've barely been on the forum at all, haven't blogged in weeks, and haven't checked back on FB in quite awhile! I am up most days at 6 AM and don't fall asleep until midnight or after. I'm not grossly inefficient either...just lots to do, like everyone else here. :)
If you don't go wandering off looking for long-lost college friends (which I've done) or spend too much time trying to beat a forum member's Bejeweled record (I'm talking to you, Greyswan!!) or tweet what flavor of coffee you are drinking every morning - it doesn't take much more time than managing my email or online reservations. I use Tweetdeck which monitors twitter and facebook status updates, by group, and I use the blog posts for event updates mostly to let potential guests know what is going on. I'm not using these tools to the extent some others are but you have to let some of the growth happen as people find you. That's just me, though - DH and I are on the computer more than most people, I suspect.

OK, it's 8:15 here and I have 3 rooms. No one is up. Oh, wait, someone just said good morning to hubs, gotta go...

Well I saw the "promote your own blog" in that sentence I posted at the start and thought someone might be interested in sticking their blog on there for all those "women" to see.
I actually love working on my blog, it is one of my favorite parts of innkeeping. I keep my eye out for interesting things to see and do and events and blog about it.
It means more than sitting at a pc, it actually sends me out on a mission. I have recently taken pics of the Creamery up the road that makes the best homemade ice cream - from the dairy cows right out the back - it similar to a frozen custard. They have no website, they are of the old order so I had to physically drive up there to take some pics.
regular_smile.gif
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
regular_smile.gif
Yes that's what I would do if I were not stuck in an office Monday - Friday. When we get the other wing built I will be free of this bothersome job and have more time for my business and things like this!
Riki

If you don't go wandering off looking for long-lost college friends (which I've done) or spend too much time trying to beat a forum member's Bejeweled record (I'm talking to you, Greyswan!!) or tweet what flavor of coffee you are drinking every morning - it doesn't take much more time than managing my email or online reservations. I use Tweetdeck which monitors twitter and facebook status updates, by group, and I use the blog posts for event updates mostly to let potential guests know what is going on. I'm not using these tools to the extent some others are but you have to let some of the growth happen as people find you. That's just me, though - DH and I are on the computer more than most people, I suspect.
I will work on it and try to manage these social networks better. I get sooooooooooo many emails now from the C&VB network and my city network! I'm feeling stretched a little thin lately with the biz, my dh's on call work schedule, and my volunteer commitments. I'm also doing some face-to-face networking meetings. Maybe that is going back to the Stone Age. LOL!!! tee hee....
teeth_smile.gif

OK, it's 8:15 here and I have 3 rooms. No one is up. Oh, wait, someone just said good morning to hubs, gotta go...
My biz guests were out of here and checked out by a few minutes after 8 AM! That rarely happens....
Which is why I am here talking to y'all for a change..... :)

I post a lot of stuff on here "someone" might find useful. It is not for everyone..
We all have a lot to do. I was blogging but my site is now under construction and I do not feel confortable about trying to do updates to it right now - so I am in limbo right now. Soon I hope to be back in the groove.
As with anything else we do, each of us do that which we feel comfortable with, has a priority for, OR we just flat out enjoy doing.

I will work on it and try to manage these social networks better. I get sooooooooooo many emails now from the C&VB network and my city network! I'm feeling stretched a little thin lately with the biz, my dh's on call work schedule, and my volunteer commitments. I'm also doing some face-to-face networking meetings. Maybe that is going back to the Stone Age. LOL!!! tee hee....
teeth_smile.gif

Samster said:
teeth_smile.gif
Because we are coming out of our slow season and into the busy season, I will start backing off on external committments. No breakfast meetings with the Chamber, no early morning classes, etc. In season I stick to basics only. The biz and my walk are about all I commit to in the summer. I might get in a once monthly meeting but even our innkeeper group doesn't meet in the summer.
I read the forum in between cleaning rooms. The website pretty much goes on hold except for adding things to do or packages. But any major changes will have to wait until next year.
We were going to reno our kitchen, but now that the snow is gone, we have to work outside...moving plants, raking the leaves from last year, putting in new beds, scraping and painting the porch, etc. All of that MUST get done, the kitchen can wait.
I have to commit to Twitter this year, but it's probably going to be a once or twice a week tweet.

teeth_smile.gif

Samster said:
teeth_smile.gif
Because we are coming out of our slow season and into the busy season, I will start backing off on external committments. No breakfast meetings with the Chamber, no early morning classes, etc. In season I stick to basics only. The biz and my walk are about all I commit to in the summer. I might get in a once monthly meeting but even our innkeeper group doesn't meet in the summer.
I read the forum in between cleaning rooms. The website pretty much goes on hold except for adding things to do or packages. But any major changes will have to wait until next year.
We were going to reno our kitchen, but now that the snow is gone, we have to work outside...moving plants, raking the leaves from last year, putting in new beds, scraping and painting the porch, etc. All of that MUST get done, the kitchen can wait.
I have to commit to Twitter this year, but it's probably going to be a once or twice a week tweet.
Well I obviously am "missing something" with this Twitter thing....I JUST DON'T GET IT!!! WHY? I see no purpose or point to it. OH well:-(

Back