Landmark Fernandina inn closes doors

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
[FONT= 'Times New Roman']Landmark Fernandina inn closes doors[/FONT]
Florida Times-Union
The Florida House is the third Fernandina Beach bed and breakfast to close in the last six months, leaving five in the historic city, according to Gil ...

There was a comment on another forum about B&Bs around Amelia Island in Florida - that there used to be 12, and only 4 remain open.

There was a comment on another forum about B&Bs around Amelia Island in Florida - that there used to be 12, and only 4 remain open..
muirford said:
There was a comment on another forum about B&Bs around Amelia Island in Florida - that there used to be 12, and only 4 remain open.
This is a classic example of why we started from scratch, designed to be and stay small. If the operation fails, or we can't take it anymore, we can close...but still be able to afford to live here. My biggest fear in the beginning was buying a larger existing operation and either losing it, or hating it and not be able to get out from under it....and ruining our personal lives and our credit.

There was a comment on another forum about B&Bs around Amelia Island in Florida - that there used to be 12, and only 4 remain open..
muirford said:
This is a classic example of why we started from scratch, designed to be and stay small. If the operation fails, or we can't take it anymore, we can close...but still be able to afford to live here. My biggest fear in the beginning was buying a larger existing operation and either losing it, or hating it and not be able to get out from under it....and ruining our personal lives and our credit.
Little Blue said:
muirford said:
I concur with your sentiment. I also know that many retire from their current occupations and don't want to start and stay small. They think these B&B's - hold on - ready to laugh - are money makers. I know there are some on the forum who believe they are - but with overhead and costs they are not money makers. You may make your living via them, but not get rich.
Someone in our community has a parent who owns a lovely inn in Pittsburg - and I said, we were (Pitts) two years ago and unless we do a swap, we can't afford to stay at a city inn. :)
this is the place here

Back