Last guests of the old year

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
Walked in and wanted to see the rooms before they paid as they were halfway decided to stay elsewhere. Other couples here are smoking like fiends and the whole area around their room reeks (don't think they're smoking IN the room, but everything smells). Another guest packed the guest fridge full so there is no room for anyone else's party stuff.
But, sitting here watching the fireworks and ready to greet a new year!

Aww Madeleine, sometimes don't you wonder about people? I mean, some can be soooo considerate and respectful and then there are others who are totally oblivious to any one else's needs....it's take, take, take. Take heart, they will all be gone soon!
I am glad that we turned away reservations for the night except for the cottage (I have my own rant about those last guests of the old year!) so it's just DH and I in the house tonight....new guests arriving tomorrow. But for now...a nice glass of wine, some soft piano music playing and few minutes of quiet to count our blessings.
Peace to you and good luck in the new year.
cheers.gif

Just yukked it up with the smokers. Nice people, smoking outside, but their clothes are reeking.
Sitting here finishing off my bottle of wine, relaxing my way into the new year. We never expected to be full tonight. Nor did we expect to be picking up more rooms for tomorrow, but it's happening. Just got another online rez in the last hour. They just bought me a new chair for the living room. I'm considering the 2 new reservations as found money! I'll get my lounge furnished one way or another.

No guests tonight. I am giving my Christmas present to the man I relieve at the Chapel in 2 hours - I am covering his 90 minutes. I was going to do that last week but he told me the family was coming in this week. I will put my pork roast in the crock pot when I get home after midnight (my hour is 11 to midnight). DH will be home alone at Midnight.
Enjoy your wine and congrats on a full-house.

Im a bit sad! went to sleep! DH was working the night shift (for his football tickets) so was on my own. All the peopel seem nice was laughing with room 3 about restaurants as they hadn't been able to book where they wanted so gave a few suggestions but I was saying when its busy they should put up vacancy signs like B&B's ie we are full or yes we still have tables! they thought it was funny.

Back