Last minute Vegan - I Need tips please!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

River Wren

Reaction score
I have just been informed that one of our guests in a Vegan. I have 45 mins to figure out what to give her for breakfast. Please help !!!

well, i saw this too late.
granola, oatmeal, fruit, home fried potatoes ...
what did you serve?

With that short of notice, I say she gets dry toast and a piece of fruit. Gheez...what are you a miracle worker? Give her what you got and don't worry.

why was it so short notice? did someone forget to tell you? or did you miss it in the reservation notes?

Pancakes - use water for milk and 2 tablespoons of water for the eggs

Thanks all. She is the daughter of one of my cabin guests who was in the area for a funeral. I only was just told about her being here when they called into the kitchen. I gave her baked peaches with a crunchy granola topping.
Then she called the kitchen and asked if the margarine I used was vegan too.
confused_smile.gif

I expect to be canonized shortly.

Thanks all. She is the daughter of one of my cabin guests who was in the area for a funeral. I only was just told about her being here when they called into the kitchen. I gave her baked peaches with a crunchy granola topping.
confused_smile.gif

I expect to be canonized shortly..
angel_smile.gif
Here's your halo...

confused_smile.gif

Oh yeah...you have soy margaraine on hand..don't you
tounge_smile.gif
Give me a break..she should be grateful she got what she did.

confused_smile.gif

Ask her if she uses dryer sheets...the reason they make everything feel so smooth? Animal fat.
And for pity sake, she could try to get over herself for a minute when she imposed the way she did unannounced. 'Veganism' is a choice, not a food-related illness. I respect the choice, but do not lecture me or question my cooking.
She's probably a lot of fun at family get-togethers too.

Unless you are a restaurant or a spa, you can not be expected to create vegan entrees out of thin air on command.
Some people, jeez....
pita.gif

BTW did she just show up to visit her parents? Was she a paying guest?

Animal fat in dryer sheets? You mean there is another breakfast meat item to test? ha ha
Stuff like this makes me want to go Vegan.

confused_smile.gif

River Wren said:
confused_smile.gif

I expect to be canonized shortly.
Ok, I just picked my jaw up off the floor...the absolute NERVE! I think I would have laughed out loud. You most definitely ARE a saint in my book!

Animal fat in dryer sheets? You mean there is another breakfast meat item to test? ha ha
Stuff like this makes me want to go Vegan..
Joey Bloggs said:
I got that info from a vegan, but can't really track down a valid source for info. It seems like eveywhere I look the same article is being quoted. And mostly everyone wants to talk about the carcinogens.

Joey Bloggs said:
I got that info from a vegan, but can't really track down a valid source for info. It seems like eveywhere I look the same article is being quoted. And mostly everyone wants to talk about the carcinogens.
Morticia said:
And mostly everyone wants to talk about the carcinogens.
Which are actually pretty bad - and why I hate hate hate dryer sheets.

I wouldn't doubt it, they use sheep fat in hand lotions, and until a few years ago not many knew it was in there. Lanolin.

Edited to add - it is not in killing the sheep, from their wool, but still if you are vegan then no animal byproducts at all are to be used.

Joey Bloggs said:
Morticia said:
Innkeeper To Go said:
Morticia said:
Really? I never knew that !
omg_smile.gif

I wouldn't doubt it, they use sheep fat in hand lotions, and until a few years ago not many knew it was in there. Lanolin..
Hey, I knew that one! But never gave it much thought. I'm actually going to just figure out how to use olive oil for lotion after reading up on the stuff that's in lotion. All these things that could possibly disrupt so many different functions of the nervous system, hormones, etc.
Gomez said, 'If that guest uses any kind of fossil fuels, she hasn't got a leg to stand on.' I was thinking the same thing earlier. And shoes. What was she wearing?

Back