Last of my flowers

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
Well a beautiful day in the Valley here today and this is the peak for our sweet autumn clematis. Thought I'd share a pic. A few zinnias are also about the last thing left that still look good.
OH, there is Fluffy being his usual laid back self.
lateflowers.jpg

Your Sweet Autumn is just GORGEOUS
regular_smile.gif
. Mine are just starting to open, They are mostly on the top of the pergola because we have arborvitaes along the side that block the sun. Fluffy making himself at home on the table, cute.

I'm jealous. We can't have many flowering shrubs here because of the deer.

For years I have been trying to get peonies to grow at the cemetery and finally a few of them took! This is in an old cemetery that bans artificial flowers during the "flower season" - it is known for its beautiful flowers.
We are going north Friday and I planned a stop at the cemetery to plant more - still have some "naked graves" - since there is a R in September I have been told any month with an R is OK. Yesterday I went to Lowe's to get some bulbs - NONE. I had called the landscaper who is doing the Garden Club project & they had none. Home Depot had hyacinths so I figured that was better than nothing and bought a bag of 24. This morning the landscaper called me and told me about a nursery that had some. Since they went to that much trouble I felt obligated to go get. We had a matter of miscommunication. After driving the 30 miles to the nursery I find they do not have bulbs - they have mature landscaping plants. I bought one with 7 stems and I am hoping to be able to divide them as the nursery said was possible. Darn thing cost almost $25!!! They better take!
It is important to get flowers that will keep growing and blooming because when I die there is no one to do it any longer. The family that lives in the town never did do the flowers - my Granny did and I do it for her. I used to try peonies every year coming in from Illinois and they never took. Keep your fingers crossed these take.

I just love that photo!
Make sure you resize it people to get the right side in, stretch your browser. Gorgeous!
Our Confederate Jasmine is growing well up the front steps. Most everything is outa here...

Bee-yoo-ti-ful!!!
Here in the cRaZy South, I have an azalea that is putting out some blooms and also one of my jasmine. huh? One of the roses still has a few blooms. Mums also bloom at weird times here. The Canna Lilies are on their last legs. But the Mexican Petunias are blooming and also the Lantana. I really didn't get things planted like I wanted this year :-(

I love the look of your zinnias. I thought they were all supposed to get nice and tall but every time I try to start some they never get tall. Is there a special variety that you planted? Do I just need to plant them en masse to get that nice dense look? And I am correct that they are perennials?
Thanks!

I love the look of your zinnias. I thought they were all supposed to get nice and tall but every time I try to start some they never get tall. Is there a special variety that you planted? Do I just need to plant them en masse to get that nice dense look? And I am correct that they are perennials?
Thanks!.
well I just bought some Burpee seeds at Walmart. They said they were short variety...ha ha...not! I did plant them very close together and did not thin. So they really filled in. They will self seed in many places. But these are not perennials.

You Clematis is so beautiful! Mine is struggling and I don't know why. It grows a bit and dies back and starts again. Its an exercise in frustration.

You Clematis is so beautiful! Mine is struggling and I don't know why. It grows a bit and dies back and starts again. Its an exercise in frustration..
We have it everywhere! It is like a weed for us. The whole side yard trellis is covered in it. I have to pull it out of my beds..it just seeds like crazy.

Back