Latte machine suggestions anyone?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skamokawa

Reaction score
Do any of you make espresso/latte' drinks for guests? I love them myself, and would love to serve them, but worry about slowing things down too much in the kitchen. Is there an automatic machine that anyone uses, and loves?
-KathleenM

I would send them to the nearest coffee shop.
teeth_smile.gif
Seriously.......

I think you have to make up your mind how much such an amenity would be worth for you.
Do your guests all enjoy good Coffee? And all the other Italian style coffee creations like Cappuccino, Latte Macchiato, espresso or espresso macchiato or even a Mischio. If so I would get a Coffee Automat like the Solis Ultra.
We have this one in our office and there are going at least 60 Cups each day through it.
It is easy to use just push a button for Espresso or Cappuccino or straight coffee as well as one button for steamed milk. So easy to understand and use.
You could put the machine in the breakfast area and your guest can serve themselves. No additional work for you.
The downside is the cost to get one of those machines’.
Here you can see the maschine I'm talking about.
http://www.zaccardis.com/solis-ultra-one-touch-espresso-machine.html

teeth_smile.gif
Seriously........
TASSIIMO MACHINE! It uses pods that make regular coffee, tea, hot chocolate, expresso and cappuchino.
YOu can order the pods online or get them at places like bed bath and beyond.
You don't want a real machine - they are hugely expensive and need to be maintained.
These machines are so easy you can leave it out and let the guests make a cuppa if they want.
Riki

teeth_smile.gif
Seriously........
Thanks folks, for the specific recommendations. Self-serve, a good idea. There are no coffee shops closer than 7 miles here. Guests like our coffee, we grind and brew fresh, but sometimes a little indulgence in a good thing, and winter is getting so close!

One more thing to clean.
Just serve them real good coffee and they will be happy.
I know NWer's have to clutch a tall or grande at all times.
teeth_smile.gif

When I put out some nice to-go cups out here one morning, I walked in to find the entire house walking around with them! I said, What the! Is everyone leaving? Why are you ALL using them?
It is such a habit and comfort, they all just used them instead of regular cups. I only ask if a guest is leaving now or put them out at the end near check out time! I admit, I might have been one of them taking my coffee outside or for a walk with one (which I offer as well). It is a great inexpensive thing to do - going for a walk? Take a to-go cup along...enjoy!

teeth_smile.gif
Seriously........
Thanks folks, for the specific recommendations. Self-serve, a good idea. There are no coffee shops closer than 7 miles here. Guests like our coffee, we grind and brew fresh, but sometimes a little indulgence in a good thing, and winter is getting so close!
Okay, I'll give you the real skinny. :)
I have a Tassimo machine in our guest service area upstairs in our Main House. Most people don't use it and just wait for the fresh ground and brewed stuff in the morning. EXCEPT the recent guest I had that was addicted to that Tassimo (he loved the Gevalia coffee that I have up there). He was drinking it morning, noon, and night. I'm glad that he enjoyed it but it is something else to clean, maintain, and keep up with. I had (past tense) the latte/cappuccino and all of that options (they come with the extra creamer t-cups that you brew in the machine). People were heating the latte creamer for tea and all kinds of nonsense when I have creamer and flavored creamers right there in the mini fridge!!! Guests do weird things.... Now I have coffee, coffee crema (kind of a frothy coffee), decaf coffee, a couple kinds of teas, and hot chocolate. It is more than enough!
Also have to-go cups with the coffee service in the dining room.
Also have coffee makers in all the rooms in our second house and people rarely make coffee in the room.
I actually have a Krups coffee maker in my kitchen that I can make expresso and steam milk. I'm not getting into that with the guests.
We do have 2 coffee shops within walking distance of here but the Fivebucks addicts will drive to one of them that are here in town (each around 5 miles from here). My favorite local coffee shop owner roasts his own coffee and his baristas will make your coffee exactly how you want it and even do foam art! That is my recommendation to my guests who really want a good, fancier coffee :)

I don't use any disposable items. Everyone drinks from ceramic cups and they like it. If they want it to go they need to provide their own re-usable cup. The coffee shop near me doesn't even allow paper cups to be used. If you don't have a cup you have to either buy one of their canning jars to put your coffee and re-use the canning jar for something else later or just drink out of a normal ceramic cup and stay at the coffee shop.

Back