Laundry Soap?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandynn

Reaction score
Please share what kind of Laundry Soap you use. I used Era for years and loved it. My DH talked me into trying Tide and I hate it.
Thanks!!

All Clear. I can't have any dyes or scents. I used to use Arm and Hammer, which I still like but we get everything in bulk now.
For awhile I used a real laundry soap powder but it clogged the HE front loader so I had to stop.

I use whatever "Free & Clear" is on sale. My schtick is trying to NOT trigger allergies anyone may have. No softeners or dryer sheets are used.

For most of our laundry, we buy Nellie's All Natural Laundry Soda by the bucket from Costco (Canada). It's $100 for a bucket, delivered. We use one tablespoon per wash and it represents about 1000 loads of laundry. It is 100% natural, no scent, biodegradable and non-toxic.

All Free & Clear (sometimes other brands if the All isn't on sale). Oxyclean Free (no dyes or perfumes either) added to whites.

I have used Tide for years. Consumer report...ranks it # 1. I have no problems with it. We use the Free & Clear one now.

We use 7th Generation. No scents, chemicals, etc., is highly concentrated powder and we buy it on Amazon using an automatic shipping plan so we don't have to pay for shipping and never run out.

I need the HE detergent, and have used both Tide and Meijer brand. 2 weeks ago my washer died and the new washer is nice, but seems to require only about half the amount of detergent. I have found that by using vinegar in the softener dispenser and making sure the soap is all rinsed out my towels come out fluffy.

For most of our laundry, we buy Nellie's All Natural Laundry Soda by the bucket from Costco (Canada). It's $100 for a bucket, delivered. We use one tablespoon per wash and it represents about 1000 loads of laundry. It is 100% natural, no scent, biodegradable and non-toxic..
Forgot to mention that this is HE compatible as well. (Since we need HE). It sells for USD$125 on their website. It also comes in premeasured nuggets, which is handy if you have an apartment like setup and you want to make sure they don't over use soap.

I need the HE detergent, and have used both Tide and Meijer brand. 2 weeks ago my washer died and the new washer is nice, but seems to require only about half the amount of detergent. I have found that by using vinegar in the softener dispenser and making sure the soap is all rinsed out my towels come out fluffy..
I am going to try the vinegar. When I use Tide my clothes just don't smell clean. When I use Era they really do smell cleaner. I have had a front loader for 12 years and I never used HE until
lately because they didn't have it when I got my first front loader. I just used a little bit less. I asked what makes it HE and they said that they just put something in it that reduces suds.

I used the Sam's Club Brand for years and guests always said my sheets smelt good ... I also stopped using bleach on whites and used Oxy Clean instead

We use the Costco unscented laundry detergent in the bucket, and for white sheets and towels, we add Mrs. Stewart's blueing to the final rinse.
If guests have stained their towels/sheets, we soak them in chlorine bleach or Oxyclean before laundering them.

Back