Leaving children alone.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
Holy cow. Family here with a 3 yo. I see all of them coming up the street (4 adults) and NO kid. So, they left her in the room alone? For how long? They walked to town. This is at least 40 minutes round trip.
I would not have known she was here alone if there was a problem.

maybe she is with someone else in town? grandma? uncle? friend?
this has to be on the house rules ... no children left alone/unattended in the inn .... EVER.
who does this?! i mean, what kind of parent does this?

Holy Cow!! I sure hope SS is right about maybe the kid is with someone else. Will you be asking them?

this has to be on the house rules ... no children left alone/unattended in the inn .... EVER.
who does this?! i mean, what kind of parent does this?.
seashanty said:
Yes.
What would you consider the age at which it IS OK to leave them?

WHAT!!!!
omg_smile.gif

I'm sure they told themselves, the child isn't alone. The innkeeper is a reliable free babysitter.
Of course, they didn't mention it to the innkeeper because they knew what the response would be.

It IS a house rule. These folks are not local, don't know anyone local, just here on vacation. It's quite clear online and in the confirmation.

seashanty said:
Yes.
Arkansawyer said:
seashanty said:
Yes.

Holy Cow!! I sure hope SS is right about maybe the kid is with someone else. Will you be asking them?.
I was told I was 'mistaken' the child was not alone. One of the adults stayed behind but when he saw the rest of the group he went out to the road to meet them and that's the only time the kid was alone.

Holy Cow!! I sure hope SS is right about maybe the kid is with someone else. Will you be asking them?.
I was told I was 'mistaken' the child was not alone. One of the adults stayed behind but when he saw the rest of the group he went out to the road to meet them and that's the only time the kid was alone.
Madeleine said:
wow. i bet you weren't mistaken. but now they've been called on it and likely won't try to repeat this again. i hope!! ridiculous!
i had a set of grandparents sneak in a preschooler grandson (the parents were renting a cottage elsewhere in the area and they wanted to give 'the kids' a night alone.) in the morning, the unregistered little child sampled every single item in the buffet and then they plunked him in front of the tv set in the common area. i saw them leave and go across the way to the general store. steam was literally coming out of my ears. what if i hadn't noticed the little guy sitting in the big chair and had gone off to do errands or whatever??
i meant that it must already be in your house rules, not 'put it in' ... but i had to because i hadn't spelled it out before he was left alone in the place and he wasn't even a guest.
angry_smile.gif

i didn't have a lot of parents/grandparents act this way ... but a few
like the ones who let their child take her blanket and pillow and sleep in the cupola above the attic alone because 'she loved it so.'

Back