Left overs / sorbet / ice cream garnish idea

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Tipsy Butler

Reaction score
Here's my latest idea ..... when possible, I've been taking my left over fruit from breakfast, blending it and sticking it in the freezer to garnish future fruit dishes (and by blending I just mean sticking in the boat motor and giving it a whizz).
For example - yesterday I made a honeydew, mint, lime and ginger salad. The left overs are now a sorbet. I'll probably add a ball of it to my next chilled soup.
This morning I went out onto our field and picked a basket full of blackberries. I served them "nekkid" but with a berry, citrus, yoghurt pour on the side. What was left is now in the freezer and I'll probably add a ball of it to my poached pears with raspberry coulis.
I'm figuring this is a way to use up everything and have a "fancy" garnish ready to go.

For really hot mornings here, I will do this _as_ the fruit dish - garnished with the fresh fruit. Basically, it's like a smoothie, just thicker, and you eat it with a spoon. I think it also does makes people feel little like "dessert" for breakfast, but it's really not decadent in terms of ingredients.

So you just scoop it out like ice cream?.
I used to do sorbets alot for breakfast...It was my final course...just a small scoop served in a tiny fancy glass with little tiny spoons. Everyone liked it.

I love anything blended.
chef.gif
But not the brain freeze. Like the sign in Zaxbys chicken says "no brain freeze no brain"

It has been so extremely HOT here in the South lately....someone was enjoying frozen grapes in their white wine to keep it cool. That's a great idea since ice is terrible as it dilutes the wine. Not that y'all are serving wine for breakfast........ ;-)

Back